Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By raphaelgo
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I still haven't gotten my phone, it's coming next week, but my screen protector came though...

What's the main difference between Spaz and Phnx?
    If I tweet a picture, what are the URL links for Spaz? For Phnx? (I like it to be twitpic.com or yfrog so I can see them in thumbnails in my profile)

And I pray to God the used Pre 2 I bought is still in very good condition, I'd hate having smudges and scratches all over it but that's the best deal I can find.. :/

And a couple more things:

1. How do I print screen/ screen shot? (like for BB it was Munch Screen, iOS it's Lock + Home, etc)
    2. Copy and Paste?
    3. General tips ?
    4. A good photo-editing app?
    Last edited by raphaelgo; 05/17/2012 at 06:37 PM.
    xandros9 likes this.
    A screenshot IIRC would be Sym+Opt+P

For copy and paste, hold shift and select text for selecting text
    hold your finger on the gesture area to do the equivalent of Ctrl (Ctrl-C, X, V)
    or it could be accessed in the top-left menu
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    phnx Twitter app is the best, there is no other Twitter app that even comes close to it . Its got several things that spaz does not. You can type past the 140 or whatever the limit is. But it will split the tweet and post the whole message in separate tweets,this is an awesome feature. Also it has auto look up for your followers. When you type the @ symbol and the first letter will bring up all the possibilities from your follow list. This is convenient as well . Its all around just better! Thanks to @_minego and crew !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Wow, community here is small but helpful. I'm even surprised you techies still use webOS! just shows how a community can keep an OS alive even if the business who owns it killed it.

Thank you Excited to get my Pre 2 !
    Project Macaw...the next evolution of phnx. I use it both on my TouchPad & Pre3.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    oh how i miss carbon

but with the current offerings on the phones, phnx is definitely the best.
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Project Macaw...the next evolution of phnx. I use it both on my TouchPad & Pre3.
    I use phnx on my Pre2 and Project Macaw on my TP.
    To be honest I thought it was essentially the same.
    Are there big differences? I never noticed anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    I use phnx on my Pre2 and Project Macaw on my TP.
    To be honest I thought it was essentially the same.
    Are there big differences? I never noticed anything.
    Quick break down...

Project Macaw is an updated version of PHNX

There is a Preware version of Project Macaw and then a "beta" feed version of Project Macaw.

The creator of PHNX pulls from the Project Macaw builds when he wants and can submit updates of PHNX. So the newest features will be in what I am calling the "beta" feed of Project Macaw before hitting the Preware version or PHNX. Technically there could be times where PHNX has all the features of the "beta".

I am not sure what version PHNX is currently running, Preware version of Macaw is 1.1.8 and "beta" is 1.2.0 as of last night.

Both Macaw and PHNX are available via github if you are interested in developing, coding, etc.

Oh and both the wife and I run the "beta" feed of Macaw on phones and TPs. To access this it does require adding a custom feed to Preware.

Hope that makes sense to everyone, all information is as I understand it, I am not a developer of any of the versions, but know most/all of them.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Rnp likes this.