1.    #1  
    Hi,

A few days ago I was having trouble with my pre 2 internet being slow, it was suggested that I change phone providers, so I bought a prepaid sim with a provider that uses a 2100mHz network. I've noticed a big difference in speed performance, but I would like to get the most out of my phone.

Although my phone picks up the 3G signal, my provider (Vodaphone) advised that I would get the best download speeds if I use their APN.

I'm located in Australia and as far as I can tell the carrier.db file does not have any info for Vodaphone Australia in it. It does have info for Vodaphone in other countries.

Is there a way to check that my phone is utilising the Vodaphone APN, if not can I get assistance in modifying the carrierdb file on my phone so I can fully utilise the APN and 3G in my area.

Below is an example for Vodaphone India, next to "dataconnection" there seems to be a encrytped key of some kind which tells me that the settings have to be unique for that country.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    {"_kind":"com.palm.carrierdb:1","mcc":404,"mnc":20,"smsEmailGateway":"","mmscWapGateway":"","mmscUrl ":"http://mms1.live.vodafone.in/mms/","mmscPortNumber":0,"mmscMessageSizeLimit":300,"smsMessageSizeLimit":160,"smsValidityPeriod":173,"m msMaxVideoSize":300,"mmsVersionNumber":11,"qOperatorLongName":"Vodafone IN","smsRequestDeliveryReceiptAvailable":true,"useVodaphoneVoicemail":false,"smsCanSendBlank":true," smsMaxRecipients":20,"smsMaxPartsPerMessage":10,"mmsCcBccSupported":true,"mmsDefaultPageDuration":50 00,"mmsIsPictureResolutionLimited":true,"mmsIsWavSupported":true,"mmsMaxAudioSize":307200,"mmsMaxPic tureHeight":480,"mmsMaxPictureWidth":640,"mmsMaxRecipients":20,"mmsCanSendBlank":false,"mmsRequestDe liveryReceiptAvailable":true,"mmsProxy":"10.10.1.100:9401","isSmscNumberOnSimCard":true,"mmsAckMessa geRead":true,"mmsAcknowledgeMsgReceipt":true,"mmsApnId":327,"voicemailNumber":"111","gsmNumSimPDP":1 ,"umtsNumSimPDP":1,"mmsEnableAutomaticDownloadWhenRoaming":true,"qOperatorShortName":"Vodafone IN","gpsAllowed":true,"msBasedAllowed":true,"msAssistedAllowed":0,"agpsServerAddr":"","smsEncoding": "","smsTransportMethods":"","smsNumberSecondsWaitForSegment":0,"useGpsSettingsInCarrierDb":true,"max TransitUnit":0,"maxSegmentSize":0,"smsHeaderSizeLimit":7,"msfpTimerDefault":0,"msfpTimerInterval":0, "msfpTimerMax":0,"msfpTimerMin":0,"smscNumber":"","msAllowedApps":"","defaultSocketIdleTimeMinutes": 0,"disableAutotext":false,"mmsSendLowResVideo":false,"bsLatLongSupport":true,"suplCert":"ThawtePremi umServer","suplPort":7275,"suplServer":"supl.google.com","portSocketIdleTimeMinutes":[],"smsMaxNetworkSegmentsPerMessage":1,"hspaCategory":[0],"smsWhiteListClass0":[],"settingPriority":0,"handsetOrTablet":"both","dataconnection":"yq2GHC/Cjs90dx63y/SopJvL7hcY6lWyEmyAjhVIOqWwgVTdtNn9fgg4OlqLU7l2qvcXPYdK711pQqDzZUs3ghEzy6aJfrroDvL+lCWgEgZJodzfae4OF8 kEBLP/EJAfrDVocklcZ8zgsTEhKEdbfwQQUtmCfAxfL/GYUxF8QaRkc1b+wBePu1EqRr/g8xe/aj51CKogYiO8RLTrMOjok+mIIEOYOgzUbx5LRAt9swn6SmiikJp11qCXO+cadLlmKbKLPvixIRz0yzy0pOreqoDKP4Z25eDdQZdX cJW+/SXvgyFVYqzWXH8VnGkBq/sEBOc+VX+ek3zVhVYRioaYLF+ahhW1E0lMZjeYPsv5ErGZtBiApAScM+TKlv1CGmOMYxd9curktqMvbuW0Saa0yGJ7IUZlZKtIKa awxvBqAkmkosXqOJ5lC4t44pFYzMjfb/XU6uOQVejqCMJP5qr/UjfBjvAyoVUA09zipWjbTCThWKBQBYQPOzRVdB9j9d2rb3R/WKM3ZEIKDW8JiqPgXhBbXXh02eXREbmnP82kSQSHj0ysIZc8yMMsuXTHnysYC3fJaeTLmG0teFY8KFSRdh1er+8c37tcgnjspyLt l5BVXGeFs46g5HaiH5SGUSU5IhOrkifx/DT6rVKObbi8PRwV9goZ/sDKpyS/iQDW4dGrseaODO+BHPSlT2Mnzj7nZrBwILPgXgav1AGuhVCNhD2D72IxTEMgPxHCgGKDtvhXHvAnLDX4hL5FYpzgMS01a8pzaH2K cMCM5WfWnnZ2vqEIMUh7IuzxkjUqPonRuP5E2IxCQY1LmwFuEccb3OTY+Za1mIQUyAtF0FONaAiUxjRWJ1xPlV0CBX9sjiduKq8v DPsFiL6zA1jKX2UkAmtD"}
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm currently pecking away at increasing my knowledge here on webOS and the idea of modifying my carrierdb.json file to improve my data performance is my current project. I have a factory unlocked GSM Pre 2. In pouring over my carrierdb.json file I ran across a Vodaphone AU setting and remembered you were looking for one.

Save your old file in case you need to push it back...

Here is the entire _kind entry from my phone's db regarding Vodaphone AU. It is in .docx format.

Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

Of course you use at your own risk, discretion, etc... Good Luck.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    ...and I just looked at the MCC MNC of the .json excerpt I posted and compared it to Mobile Network Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The values are correct so it would seem to be a valid carrierdb.json entry to add Vodaphone Australia info to your phone...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee