Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hape
  1.    #1  
    Hello,
    I've installed Navit 0.5.0 4787M on my Pre 2 running WebOS 2.2.4 and I found out that the search for street/ numbers works only for some countries (Germany, Austria) but it does not work for other countries like Italy and France.
    I can see the street on the map but when I search it I don't get any result and this makes the navit unusable.

Is there anybody that can help me?
    I've installed/seinstalled Navit and NavitMaps several time but no success at all.

thanks
    Gio
    I have the same problem, and it must be because the free maps it uses aren't detailed enough. Or you mean you can see the street names in the map, but can't search them?
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    I have the same problem, and it must be because the free maps it uses aren't detailed enough. Or you mean you can see the street names in the map, but can't search them?
    I cannot search them but I can see the street on the map.....
    Quote Originally Posted by gbruna View Post
    I cannot search them but I can see the street on the map...
    Could any developer clarify? I've realized I have the same problem too, street names are indeed drawn on the map, but they don't come up when I search.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Here too,

seems to be a problem with the size of town. In smaller towns it sokred for me (less than 10.000 citizens)
    Okay it really is the first map. Can I activate/deactivate maps from the gui? I didnt work for me and it has never saved that config from the gui.

I had to edit the map.xml file.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Did you saw that we have a separate Navit subforum.
    We do not check every post for Navit related contend.

To you question. The street index of the OSM maps is not the best. For that reason we have Navit-Maps. This is a map downloader and Helper app for Navit. It will add a Navit search to the 'just type' options. This uses the google geocode service to find the position and then launches Navit to guide you there.

HaPe

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    jcmarcos likes this.