Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By p41m3r
  1.    #1  
    So I know that the comm boards with the Pres are all interchangeable- but what about the 755p or centro? Could the comm board from a 755p be transplanted into a Pre 2? I know its a long shot, but since they were the most recent Palm phones before the Pres came out, I figured maybe there's a chance they use the same design for the board. Anyone know?
    So you wanna put a pig's heart into a chimp? Cool!
    Let us know how it turns out.
    I highly doubt it's feasibility.
    We could switch out the Pre's comm boards because they were all essentially the same device. (same design, etc, with some spec differences)

The treo and pre devices are very different, i highly doubt the thing will even physically fit.
    #1 755p and centro were not the most recent palm phones before the Pre. (Treo Pro)
    #2 all Pre's don't have interchangeable comm boards. (Pre 3)

And no, it won't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    yea, but otherwise, the Pre -, +, 2 are the same model stuff
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    So you wanna put a pig's heart into a chimp? Cool!
    Aren't there enough humans already? (sorry, couldn't resist )
    Quote Originally Posted by euphoric85 View Post
    So I know that the comm boards with the Pres are all interchangeable- but what about the 755p or centro? Could the comm board from a 755p be transplanted into a Pre 2? I know its a long shot, but since they were the most recent Palm phones before the Pres came out, I figured maybe there's a chance they use the same design for the board. Anyone know?
    The Centro does not have a comm board. And it doesn't to 3G data like a Pre. It is only EVDO Rev A.
    There were 3G centros.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    There were 3G centros.
    Only for the CDMA carriers. No GSM 3G Centros. Of course there was that WinMo based Treo 750w device Palm hoped would pacify GSM users who wanted 3G.

hahahahaha
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Only for the CDMA carriers. No GSM 3G Centros. Of course there was that WinMo based Treo 750w device Palm hoped would pacify GSM users who wanted 3G.

hahahahaha
    Thought maybe GSM wasn't... that was still when I was a happy Sprint user, so not any real knowledge of that era GSM devices.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    #1 755p and centro were not the most recent palm phones before the Pre. (Treo Pro)

And no, it won't work.
    A simple "No" would have sufficed

Thanks all for the input!
    Quote Originally Posted by euphoric85 View Post
    A simple "No" would have sufficed
    You dont have many geek friends, do you?
    RumoredNow likes this.