Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Since yesterday my Pre2 is not charging via the Touchstone.
    I have two touchstones, one at work and one at home and my Pre is not charging on anyone of them.
    So I know it's not the TSs (it would be a huge coincidence that both TSs stopped working at the same time).
    I also tried their cables and they charge the Pre via USB.

So my question is this:
    Is it a matter of the cover? Do covers "stop working" after some time? Could it be something else for example software related? I turned off the phone, removed the battery etc., but to no avail.

Only if I let is on the TS after some minutes it "bongs" once or twice showing that it charges, only for a second and then nothing again.
    Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Off of the top of my head, I would think the most logical explanation is the back cover. That would be the first thing to try.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Just to test something out, when you place your phone on the TS, does it charge or make the "bong" sound if you press down on the phone a little.
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Just to test something out, when you place your phone on the TS, does it charge or make the "bong" sound if you press down on the phone a little.
    Hmmm... Not really.
    Just once it did and I'm not sure if it was because I pushed it. But after that, when I tried it again nothing happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Hmmm... Not really.
    Just once it did and I'm not sure if it was because I pushed it. But after that, when I tried it again nothing happened.
    Ok, just thought if it did, your back plate wasnt connecting to where it needed to. I still say its your back cover. If your battery charges with the cable, then its not your battery. If both of your touchstones dont work, then its not your touchstones.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    When I built my frankenpre, the pre 2 I bought had the grey palm batteries that I remembered form my 800. They would not charge what so ever on the touch pad and were pretty week batteries. I am using the standard black palm battery. I also have two Touchstone covers and one of them is pretty beat up and does not connect well all the time.
    Let's go LG, be not like HP.

Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Cover is my thought too, but as I'd have to get them over from US (and it takes a bit of time) I just want to be sure it's not something else.
    Mine did the same thing, but I was lucky to have spare covers from another purchase for touchstones and batteries which included a2-3 extra covers.

I switched it and it's been fine ever since.