1.    #1  
    I have a VZW FrankenPre 2 (Started with GSM Pre 2, swapped Comm Board from Pre +, and Metadoctored to 2.2.4). The GPS does not get a lock. Is this because Verizon sees this as a Pre + based on the Comm Boad?

Is there any way using Impostah to fix this, or other things I could try to resolve? I have checked both Location Services -> Locate me using Google Service and GPS, as well as trying ##477# to get a fix.

Based on De vice Info my settings are:

WebOS 2.2.4
    Model P102UNA
    Network: Carrier ROW
    Firmware RC1.8(595)

On the Verizon site it lists my phone as a Pre +.
    On the Palm Profile Site Model is listed as Pre +
    I'd like to know the answer to this as well. It seems that only the Pre+ has the GPS fix block from VZ...so, it makes some sense that if VZ is seeing this as a Pre+ that it applies the block...if there is a block...VZ has always denied and such thing.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

try GPS fix app catalog by James Harris. Works for me to establish a lock and maintain it for my pre 2 (total crap without this app). Once locked on it as accurate as poss. Don't know the variables of comm board switches but it's worth a start.
    Last edited by ulmens; 04/23/2012 at 01:04 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ulmens View Post
    try GPS fix app catalog by James Harris. Works for me to establish a lock and maintain it for my pre 2 (total crap without this app). Once locked on it as accurate as poss. Don't know the variables of comm board switches but it's worth a start.
    I used GPS Fix with my Pre + (although never that succesfully). I have it installed on my Pre 2 and will try the T, A, B trick later today. Just running it GPS Fix has not proven succesful.
  5.    #5  
    I tried the GPS FIx but no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    I used GPS Fix with my Pre + (although never that succesfully). I have it installed on my Pre 2 and will try the T, A, B trick later today. Just running it GPS Fix has not proven succesful.