Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    So I made a FrankenPre for my father-in-law. What was I thinking? Anyway, it all went very smoothly and the phone works well. However, it only get the Edge(?) data network). Shows E instead of 3G in the status bar at the top of the screen. I used a meta-doctor for this one.

My wife's frankenpre I used the stock VZW 2.1 doctor and her's says 3G. I look at them side-by-side so it is not a network signal strength issue. Any thoughts on how to most easily get 3G on my father-in-law's phone? Not having to doctor it and re-install would be very nice so he is not standing over my shoulder watching too much going on.

Any and all help is much appreciated. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    when I ran the meta-doctor the first time, I failed to follow all the steps installing all the necessary drivers and applications that are needed. I had texting issues, notification issues, connection issues, and no 3g connection.

When I did the second time, I re-installed Ubuntu and made sure each step was followed and it fixed the issues.

You may need to blow away the installation restart from scratch and make sure you follow each step.

What would be wicked is if webos-internals would make a custom Ubuntu that has all the stuff installed and ready to go. Unfortunately, it probably be way to complicated.
    Let's go LG, be not like HP.

Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X