Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    About once a week, our Pre 2 with webOS 2.2.4 has low battery before the end of the day. I think, this started some time after updating to 2.2.4. Now for the first time, I had the chance to investigate a little bit when it happened.

Using Govnah, I noticed the CPU was running always at 1 GHz und so the battery drain was higher than normal.

Logging into the device and using "top", I saw that "wpa_supplicant" was using 100% CPU. Also, the Pre 2 had not connected to our WiFi at home as usual.

After switching WiFi off and on again, everything was back to normal (300 MHz CPU frequency, WiFi connected).

Anyone knows this problem and possibly a solution?

This does never happen with our Pre3 with webOS 2.2.4. Both were updated OTA to 2.2.4 and both are being rebooted automatically each night.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I have the same problem with mine. I use it frequently so when I notice no WiFi connectivity I just turn it off and back on. Kind of a p.i.t.a but I'm to lazy to find a solution.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    OK, thanks, so at least I know, that our Pre 2 is not broken.
    Yep. Seems like a problem with the wifi code. I have it happen to me too. Actually using my university's wifi causes massive power drain even though I'm connected now. I'm talking 20-30% a hour without usage.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.