Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Have been doing some tests recently. Sat my Pre2 on the Touchstone and waited till it boinged to tell me charging was complete. I then checked Dr Battery and it said it was at 94% with 1005mAh.

So I wondered and turned the volume down and left it on the Touchstone. It kept silently telling it was done but I managed to get the charge up to 1064mAh and 99%. Dr Battery says my phone only has a max left of 1093mAh after 9 months use.

I then switched the phone into standard 2G GSM mode and have left it that way since.

23 hours later I'm sitting at 90% and 955mAh. Thats no calls, just sat in standby with the odd check to see the battery state. I use Battery Saver from midnight till 7am too.

Curious to see what's the max I can push from my Pre2 in a non data mode and then in a normal data mode.
    An interesting idea...

I'm very new to Pre 2, only about a week with the device and just today activated with a SIM kit from Straight Talk.

Dr. Battery said my Health was 96% and max cap. was 1104, but after I calibrated today it dropped me to 95% Health and 1093 max cap.

I may try your trickle up after it says fully charged idea. I'm still learning how to work with Dr. Battery and am very interested in getting the most mileage out of my lith-ion.

Keep us posted.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Okay now coming up to 48 hours and now sitting at 78% 822mAh.

Wondering if I can make it to Sunday!
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Okay coming up to 11.30am on Sunday and we are sitting at 50% and 522mAh left.

So just under 4 days with half my charge. Might get to Wednesday?
    with the phone radio off, i can usually get 1-1.5-2 days
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Okay now at 5 days and sitting at 36% 378mAh.

I reckon I could go a full week in just pure 2G/GSM mode.

Will now charge up to max again and simply switch the Network Type to Automatic (from current 2G) and turn on Data Usage. We'll see how it fairs with just those two changes.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Just charged to 1093mAh at 100% at 16.47pm with data/3G enabled.

Interestingly it bonged for the initial charge at 1064mAh which was the peak I pushed it to last time, rather than the last initial charge that bonged at 1005mAh.

Also charge had dropped to 1077mAh within 8 minutes of the change.
    Last edited by daglesj; 04/16/2012 at 10:55 AM.
    Yeah... I keep trying to find the optimal time to take my Pre 2 off the touchstone. Dr. Battery is about 4% less than the system report. i.e.: Sys says 100% - Dr B says 96% charged. But you gotta look to see when the charge goes from + (trickling in) to - (discharging) and just having the screen on must affect when you switch from sipping in charge to outflow...

I'm at exactly the same place: 100% charge = 1093 mAh, but can't seem to verify that I get up to 1093... Maybe next time I'll leave Dr B open and watch the countdown.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Nearly 24 hours later and sitting at 62% and 656mAh.

When in 2G mode the Current sits around the -4mA level at most times I check but when 3G is turned on it varies between -35mA/-96mA/-200mA and up to -400mA.

I reckon the Palms just have a crappy 3G radio.
    I watched mine finish charging this AM.

According to Dr Battery, after I calibrated I have 95% Health and 1093 mAh max capacity. I calibrated less than a week ago.

But as I watched it went to 1083 mAh and then the current switched from + to -

My battery drain is up and down as I play with what is to me a new toy. My usage levels are fluctuating daily still. A couple of days I've not made it though on one charge. Yesterday was a somewhat heavy usage day. I tried out different TCP settings in Govnah and running speed tests to try and get the fastest data connection. I had made it through a day and a night with about 27% remaining charge to use up before putting my Pre 2 on the touchstone.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 04/17/2012 at 11:10 AM.

Mobile Nations Devotee