Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm not sure about that type of patch but you could always just plug it in, and then shut it off, after it boots. I'm not sure how much rehabilitation you are expecting out of battery that's sitting at 95% health, which is pretty much brand new.

And it is a little tricky picking the city, even on the Pre3. I would keep trying with that high of ping, on HSPA+ I just got 54ms 4.27DL 1.24UL
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Thanx, sledge.

The weather has cleared a bit and the Net Speed app just returned:
    Download 1.0 mbs, Upload 45.2 kbs and Ping 303 ms

When I just opened speedtest.net it said I was in Oklahoma (closer), but I wasn't able to switch it to Springfield, MO. I'll keep trying... Based on (erroneous) OK location and using Springfield, MO server to send to/from I got:
    Download 1.09 mbs, Upload 0.11 mbs and Ping 321 ms

An unrealated question: Is there a patch to allow Pre 2 to charge while powered off? Mine boots up after connected to a touchstone or usb -> wall charging setup. I'd like to try charging from low battery (5% or less) to full charge while the phone is powered down, but don't seem to be able to do so. I'm trying to rehabilitate my used battery a little. Dr. Battery reports it at 95% health and 1093 mAh maximum capacity...
    That's better than mine. I'm at 91%.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    And it is a little tricky picking the city, even on the Pre3. I would keep trying with that high of ping, on HSPA+ I just got 54ms 4.27DL 1.24UL
    My settings are all good as I'm running every config setting on every list I've seen for ST. It might be my physical location and some older towers? I keep checking. Meanwhile I'm jealous of your speed.

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I'm not sure how much rehabilitation you are expecting out of battery that's sitting at 95% health, which is pretty much brand new.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoccoI View Post
    That's better than mine. I'm at 91%.
    Yeah, I'm just being greedy. Lots of fiddling and playing since it's a new toy so my battery is getting drained pretty regular. I'm looking hard at getting a Mugen 1400 mAh battery.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Is there any advantage data speed wise to selecting 3g or Automatic for network type?

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Don't think so. I leave mine on automatic.
    I'm really interested in maximizing my data speeds... Any advice would be helpful.

I'm running UberKernel with the OnDemandTCL1200 profile.
    Compressed swap disabled
    I/O scheduler is CFQ
    TCP congestion is Westwood (That and Illinois seem to give me the best speed test results)

Carrier is Straight Talk with 3g lit up
    Network AutoSelect is On
    Network Type is Automatic

Any tweaks I should be making? The number of permutations would take me weeks to configure and test. LOL

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Definitely worth the time to go through all the patches in Preware and read the descriptions.

Got some tasty stuffs. Me likey a lot.

Advanced Reset Options
    Battery Percent and Horizontal Icon
    Brightness in Device Menu
    Date and AM-PM Indicator
    Device Temperature Warnings
    Fahrenheit Temp with Battery in Device Menu
    GPS Icon on Top Bar
    GPS in Device Menu
    MP4 Video Downloader
    No Airplane Mode
    Ringer Switch Icon

Just to name a few new faves that make life easier.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    YAYz. I learned how to do a screen capture today.

(hold grey+sym and press p) - I know that isn't news to some, but is good to know for us noobs.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    cool You can find more of those extra tips here:

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Tips and tricks for webOS

Enjoy your phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    YAYz. I learned how to do a screen capture today.

(hold grey+sym and press p) - I know that isn't news to some, but is good to know for us noobs.
    also is the quick restart option (gray) + sym + R. Enjoy discovering all the goodies of webos
    Last edited by ulmens; 04/23/2012 at 05:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    cool You can find more of those extra tips here:

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Tips and tricks for webOS

Enjoy your phone!
    Bookmarked.

On a side note It only took me two weeks, but I managed to bork my phone.

I did get it Doctored and am now restoring everything.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quick question -- I'm new to Pre2 but upgraded from a Pre+. I had my phone tailored using Preware before the upgrade and am looking to do many of the same changes to my Pre 2.

But I haven't seen any of the patches that allow for different arrangements from the launcher menus -- 4x4 icons, etc. Am I missing them or are they not available?
    Quote Originally Posted by AZBigE View Post
    Quick question -- I'm new to Pre2 but upgraded from a Pre+. I had my phone tailored using Preware before the upgrade and am looking to do many of the same changes to my Pre 2.

But I haven't seen any of the patches that allow for different arrangements from the launcher menus -- 4x4 icons, etc. Am I missing them or are they not available?
    webOS 2.x.x has compiled parts and can not be altered like webOS 1.4.5.x.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    webOS 2.x.x has compiled parts and can not be altered like webOS 1.4.5.x.
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I've been using my blackberry curve for the week, as soon as I get home I pick up my pre 2.
    Miss it but I need whatsapp during the day...
    I wish they had it for the pre 2.
    Took my Pre 2 to the mall and got the full body Ghost Armor install... Looks sweet.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imurrx View Post
    You want to first install Preware. That is a program that opens access to a whole world of homebrewed apps and patches. I have always been an overclocker, so I got my Pre 2 overclocked to 1.2 ghz.

I also have turned off GPS because it will chew your batter fast.

Also, look at the threads in the Touchpad forms to install some custom patches to speed up and smooth the system such as muffle system logging, Remove dropped packet, and a few others.
    I just installed Preware on my Pre 2 (running 2.1.0) a week ago and I'm thinking it caused my wifi connection to weaken? I have a Pre Plus with 1.4 running and the wifi is fast. I guess I should say, it's not that the wifi is slow on the Pre2, it only lets me walk a few feet away from my modem before the signal bars shoot down instantly. Pre Plus is not connected to a network but Pre 2 is w Verizon. Everything's been great until Preware? Or maybe I did something? Been a Palm user for 2 years and just now getting around to preware stuff & not the tech type like some seem to be on here. Also, how do I get the virtual keyboard and do you recommend the Uberkernel for Pre2?? Would this help?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrady8 View Post
    I just installed Preware on my Pre 2 (running 2.1.0) a week ago and I'm thinking it caused my wifi connection to weaken? I have a Pre Plus with 1.4 running and the wifi is fast. I guess I should say, it's not that the wifi is slow on the Pre2, it only lets me walk a few feet away from my modem before the signal bars shoot down instantly. Pre Plus is not connected to a network but Pre 2 is w Verizon. Everything's been great until Preware? Or maybe I did something? Been a Palm user for 2 years and just now getting around to preware stuff & not the tech type like some seem to be on here. Also, how do I get the virtual keyboard and do you recommend the Uberkernel for Pre2?? Would this help?

Thanks
    I have never noticed anything in preware that could have an effect on WiFi reception? What are the preware apps/ patches that you have tweaked ur phone with? That could be a hardware issue, forums are ur best bet for finding another user w ur problem. Overclocking with Uberkernal and Govnah are the first things that I put on my phone when doctoring or trying different versions. As far as the (virtual keyboard) I never learned to appreciate it on 1.4.5, which was superior to the version on the pre 2... So I have read. So read the forums and decide for yourself if that is worth it.. Happy patching.
    Last edited by ulmens; 04/29/2012 at 05:58 AM.
    preware is just providing a catalog and install mechanism for non-catalog stuff. It doesn't leave anything running in the background, and it doesn't have any impact on wifi.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrady8 View Post

Thanks
    I've a Pre 2 (2.2.4) with Preware. I can connect to the Wifi for my apartment complex which is about 40 yards away with 2 exterior walls between and get 3-4 bars. When I use Freetether and Wifi tether to my laptop I get a solid 5 bars with the phone in the same room. It drops to 4 bars if the phone and laptop are at opposite ends of the apartment with 2 interior walls between and maybe 30 feet separation.

Possibly a hardware problem?

Mobile Nations Devotee
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast