webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre 2 > palm pre 2 screen replacement
palm pre 2 screen replacement
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xortenterprises

Old 04/10/2012, 08:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi guys! I have been searching around and do not find any information. Has any of you ever tried replacing the palm pre 2 screen by the palm pre/ pre plus screen? I wonder if it would work or not. That could be a great way to save $200 for those whose palm pre 2 screen got cracks
solara0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/11/2012, 05:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solara0305 View Post
Hi guys! I have been searching around and do not find any information. Has any of you ever tried replacing the palm pre 2 screen by the palm pre/ pre plus screen? I wonder if it would work or not. That could be a great way to save $200 for those whose palm pre 2 screen got cracks
The Pre2's screen is glass (and gorilla glass at that), the Pre+/- screen is plastic so I don't think it would work.
Henkdroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/11/2012, 08:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

There's a list on ebay selling palm pre plus screen lcd/digitizer and the guy says that the screen is also compatible to palm pre 2. I think as long as it performs well its job as a touch screen then it's ok. So I keep wondering if there's any actual difference in performance structure between the two screens except for the gorilla material
solara0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2012, 06:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

A Pre+ screen will work as a replacement for a Pre 2. I did this on my phone after I dropped my Pre 2 and shattered the screen. The screen has the same ribbon connectors and is the same size. My phone just looks like a Pre+ now instead of a Pre 2.
xortenterprises is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Remy X likes this.
Thanked by kaidoloor, sq5
Old 11/02/2012, 03:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkdroid View Post
The Pre2's screen is glass (and gorilla glass at that), the Pre+/- screen is plastic
Plastic is good

I'll take good shatter-resistant plastic over glass any day, since they both look the same under a Zagg screen protector.

Thanks for the info everyone, because i might now get myself a broken Pre 2 and build a frankenPre with a Verizon comm board, brand new back cover and a Pre+ screen... more power in the same package, taking the same batteries... i like
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2012, 10:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
Plastic is good

I'll take good shatter-resistant plastic over glass any day, since they both look the same under a Zagg screen protector.

Thanks for the info everyone, because i might now get myself a broken Pre 2 and build a frankenPre with a Verizon comm board, brand new back cover and a Pre+ screen... more power in the same package, taking the same batteries... i like
Well, if you plan to build a FrankenPre, you're definitely in the right place. Good luck!
ArchonAdvisors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/04/2012, 08:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
Plastic is good

I have to say, I forgot how good the original Pre looked until I had to put mine back together this weekend to re-activate the comm board. I think I'm gonna stick with it for a few days instead of putting my FrankenPre2 back together.
MobileBill23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
palm pre 2, screen

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0