Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xortenterprises
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys! I have been searching around and do not find any information. Has any of you ever tried replacing the palm pre 2 screen by the palm pre/ pre plus screen? I wonder if it would work or not. That could be a great way to save $200 for those whose palm pre 2 screen got cracks
    Quote Originally Posted by solara0305 View Post
    Hi guys! I have been searching around and do not find any information. Has any of you ever tried replacing the palm pre 2 screen by the palm pre/ pre plus screen? I wonder if it would work or not. That could be a great way to save $200 for those whose palm pre 2 screen got cracks
    The Pre2's screen is glass (and gorilla glass at that), the Pre+/- screen is plastic so I don't think it would work.
  3.    #3  
    There's a list on ebay selling palm pre plus screen lcd/digitizer and the guy says that the screen is also compatible to palm pre 2. I think as long as it performs well its job as a touch screen then it's ok. So I keep wondering if there's any actual difference in performance structure between the two screens except for the gorilla material
    A Pre+ screen will work as a replacement for a Pre 2. I did this on my phone after I dropped my Pre 2 and shattered the screen. The screen has the same ribbon connectors and is the same size. My phone just looks like a Pre+ now instead of a Pre 2.
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdroid View Post
    The Pre2's screen is glass (and gorilla glass at that), the Pre+/- screen is plastic
    Plastic is good

I'll take good shatter-resistant plastic over glass any day, since they both look the same under a Zagg screen protector.

Thanks for the info everyone, because i might now get myself a broken Pre 2 and build a frankenPre with a Verizon comm board, brand new back cover and a Pre+ screen... more power in the same package, taking the same batteries... i like
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Plastic is good

I'll take good shatter-resistant plastic over glass any day, since they both look the same under a Zagg screen protector.

Thanks for the info everyone, because i might now get myself a broken Pre 2 and build a frankenPre with a Verizon comm board, brand new back cover and a Pre+ screen... more power in the same package, taking the same batteries... i like
    Well, if you plan to build a FrankenPre, you're definitely in the right place. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Plastic is good

I have to say, I forgot how good the original Pre looked until I had to put mine back together this weekend to re-activate the comm board. I think I'm gonna stick with it for a few days instead of putting my FrankenPre2 back together.