Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GMMan
  • 1 Post By GMMan
  1.    #1  
    hi....i was in the process of doctoring my Verizon frankinpre2 when i noticed that my last backup was 12-31-2011 so i tried a manual backup and it failed.....so i turned backup off and rebooted then turned it on and it failed again....now im assuming i have no backups in my profile....i read some posts on this and tried the patch removal tips...and reboots and still no good...i already backed up save/restore and did everything else in the guide but i need a profile backup to continue....

question....did i lose all my backups on the server...my phone doesn't show the last backup anymore

had this pre2 for six months and the backup use to work fine thats why i have checked it in a while

any help would be great....thanks in advance
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Try using Lumberjack to read your logs, put it on follow mode, and run a backup. See what the error is.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Try using Lumberjack to read your logs, put it on follow mode, and run a backup. See what the error is.
    just tried this.....have my Lumberjack following backup on info and then error.. Tried to run backup now....it just flashes preparing and then backup failed...checked lumberjack and I got no log on it...

I also downloaded the fix backup app and it didn't fix it
    32G Touchpad
    Have Lumberjack follow on Everything. If you select Backup, it's only the app itself and not the services behind it.
    kataran likes this.
  5.    #5  
    finally got a log

error
    relaunch failed

error
    EXCEPTION [Relaunch failed.] Error
    "requireDefined Failed: value was expected to be
    defined,but wasn't"
    32G Touchpad
  6.    #6  
    on the phone with hp support and they tell me they can't push me an old backup....

is this true?????
    32G Touchpad
  7.    #7  
    32G Touchpad
  8.    #8  
    32G Touchpad
  9.    #9  
    gave the guy my best pitch in support and he took my number down and will call back this week...

my experience with tech support is i will never get a call back

webOS Nation please help!!!!!!!

i need to doctor but will hold off till i can get a backup
    32G Touchpad
  10.    #10  
    out of respect HP support called back twice and there trying to work on it....

he feels that frankinpreing the 2 is my problem but i told him i was getting regular backups for months intil i stopped checking it....

my TP is backing up fine...and my girlfriends pixi on a different account is backing up fine also

my last pre2 backup was 12-31-2011 the one i deleted when i turned backup off yesterday
    32G Touchpad
  11.    #11  
    Read in a thread that erasing my profile doesn't mean my profile is gone....

Taking it to mean my paid apps are still recognized on the server

Can someone verify this

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    32G Touchpad
    Check your Accounts app. If your webOS Profile is missing, or the app won't load (stuck on spinner), that means your account info is erased from your device. Rerun the First Use app to put it back on (appid is com.palm.app.firstuse). (Use luna-send either from your device or novacom. Search WebOS Internals for info.)
    kataran likes this.
  13.    #13  
    Thanks GMMan but I backed up all my info onto my laptop and then doctored my pre2 ...my profile loaded most of my apps and save/restore did wonders to get me where I wanted to be....I'm about 90 percent done and she's working great now...my profile just backed up a couple of hours ago...HP support didn't help much but at least they tried...my theory is I was running Verizon 2.0.1 but this time I used the verizon 2.1.0 doctor without any problems....

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    32G Touchpad
  14.    #14  
    ahh.....a simple backup could have saved me from 6 total hours of rebuilding my pre2 back to its former state

everything back to normal.....been backing up every step as I went

one question I have....after using the save/restore to bring back what it could should I delete the Save/Restore folder and create a new one and then do a full Save of all supported apps?.
    32G Touchpad