Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GuyFromNam
  1.    #1  
    I found a Palm Pre 2 for $100 on craigslist and I want to know if I can unlock it before I buy it I am using Koodo in Canada and have found that others have used a website called nextgen unlock and they do have unlock codes for it. I looked at gsmarena.com to see if the phone will work in Canada and it will. I am not a newby with webOS
    My understanding of the procedure is:

1. Get/Buy unlock code

2. Insert sim

3. Enter unlock code

4. Hard reset

Results - Unlocked!

Thanks in advance.

I also will use the discount code "PALMFORUM"
    Yes you can unlock it. Make sure it's a GSM phone if you're on a GSM network, which I am assuming you are, you mentioned Koodo in another thread.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by the1publicenemy View Post
    I found a Palm Pre 2 for $100 on craigslist and I want to know if I can unlock it before I buy it I am using Koodo in Canada and have found that others have used a website called nextgen unlock and they do have unlock codes for it. I looked at gsmarena.com to see if the phone will work in Canada and it will. I am not a newby with webOS

1. Get/Buy unlock code

2. Insert sim

3. Enter unlock code

4. Hard reset

Results - Unlocked!

Thanks in advance.

To my great excitement, I found a Pre2 at a flea market in Montreal last Summer. (I already had an original Pre with Bell, which doesn't use SIM cards)

I used another place/site to get it unlocked: Palm Pre/Pixi Unlock Instructions

(it required you connecting the phone in dev. mode to a computer)

Once unlocked, the phone should be useable for any service provider.

The instruction were simple (see link), and not had any problem at all.

Addition: it was a Rogers phone that I now use with Bell.

Before it was unlocked, it was showing (once the SIM card inserted) that I would see the Bell network but refused to connect. Once unlocked, turned it on and no more problem, it light up, connected and everything was great.

I checked with the company (that provided the unlock) an they assured me that once unlocked, it stays unlocked and all that matters is the SIM (provider).
    Last edited by imfallen_angel; 04/09/2012 at 04:10 PM. Reason: additional info
    Quote Originally Posted by the1publicenemy View Post

1. Get/Buy unlock code

2. Insert sim

3. Enter unlock code

4. Hard reset

Results - Unlocked!

Thanks in advance.

Nextgen doesn't give you an unlock code. They just provide an unlock client.
    You need to get DIAG drivers installed, which can be anything but intuitive on any system other than XP, and then run the client. Nevertheless, it's the cheapest paid solution available.

DigitalUnlock is *****-proof.

Third option: Dogbert's Blog: Free Unlocker for Palm/HP Phones
    Free, and using the same DIAG drivers as NextGen.
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 05/06/2012 at 03:23 PM.
    arasarn likes this.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Nextgen doesn't give you an unlock code. They just provide an unlock client.
    You need to get DIAG drivers installed, which can be anything but intuitive on any system other than XP, and then run the client. Nevertheless, it's the cheapest paid solution available.

DigitalUnlock is *****-proof.

Third option: Dogbert's Blog: Free Unlocker for Palm/HP Phones
    Free, and using the same DIAG drivers as NextGen.
    This procedure worked great. Successfully tested unlocking a rogers palm pre 2 and used it on the bell network. Performed the procedure on a 32-bit Windows 7 netbook with relative ease.

Thanks.
    well I see my phone device info it says Carrier is ROW !! is my phone unlocked???