1.    #1  
    I recently bought an unlocked GSM Pre 2 to use with a Straight Talk pay as you go plan.

Everything works great, but one thing is annoying me.

The 3G indicator is always there, even if I may not have 3G service, and it is always lit up, rather than showing me whether or not there is traffic flowing.

Has anybody else experienced this? Is there a fix?

I doctor'd fresh using the unlocked doctor. Would using the AT&T Doctor make a difference? Straight talk is an AT&T mvno.

WebOS 2.2.4, unlocked gsm version.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Sounds about right. My original Pres on Sprint didn't do this.

From what I remember all my AT&T webOS GSM phones act the way you describe. Veer, Pre2 and Pre3.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the verification!
    : (){:|:&};:
    how do you know your not in 3G coverage? If your in coverage it will say 3G regardless of datal flow unless your on wifi. It's not like GPRS where the G icon changes to indicate a live GPRS session.
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    how do you know your not in 3G coverage? If your in coverage it will say 3G regardless of datal flow unless your on wifi. It's not like GPRS where the G icon changes to indicate a live GPRS session.
    On Sprint, the logo would flash and flicker when losing 3G.

I have my icon patched now to show 4G instead of H+, but even when I force 2G, it stays with 4G (might be an issue with the patch, but I have never seen any other icon other than H+ on my GSM webOS devices). On Sprint when you dropped 3G the icon would indicate it (by going away IIRC or not having the "EV" lit up.

I can confirm 100% there are times where I am getting 0 data and H+/4G is lit up on my Pre3. Can't load a web page and twitter won't refresh.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I second that