1. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I have a Franken Pre2 on Sprint.

Normally in the top left corner of the home screen it will say Sprint. But my phone always says "Searching..."

When I open the dialer it says Sprint.

Any ideas of what could be causing this?
    Data mode turned off?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  3. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Data mode? Where is that at?

Yes I have data enabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJB View Post
    Data mode? Where is that at?

Yes I have data enabled.
    That will surely encourage others to offer help.
    What's the whole history of this FrankenPre2? I can't tell from your post if it's a new conversion or one that you have been using on Sprint for a while. Searching normally means it can't connect to or find the network. Turning airplane mode on and back off may help if you haven't already tried that. I believe you can also do ##DIAG# from the dialer screen and get some diagnostics info.
  6. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    That will surely encourage others to offer help.
    That's the problem with typing. People can take it the wrong way. Nothing meant by my original comment, just not sure where that is.
  7. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    What's the whole history of this FrankenPre2? I can't tell from your post if it's a new conversion or one that you have been using on Sprint for a while. Searching normally means it can't connect to or find the network. Turning airplane mode on and back off may help if you haven't already tried that. I believe you can also do ##DIAG# from the dialer screen and get some diagnostics info.
    Thanks for the suggestion Grabber. I tried the airplane mode and that did not work. I have had this Franken Pre for about a month. It seems like this "searching" started after installing some of the advanced patches. Or at least that's when I noticed it.

As soon as I open the dialer it says Sprint. Also it does not seem to be draining my battery as if it was searching.

Any other suggestions are welcome.