1.    #1  
    when i get into the webs doctor it won't install the drivers because it says newer drivers already exist on the hard drive

anyone know how to get past this ?

going crazy here

thanks jon
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    You really need to read the instructions very carefully and need to make sure you finish each step before going to the next. I had some difficult in the first attempt which I stopped and started over. The second try I was able to flash but did got the texting issues, call dropped and other weird stuff. You need to make sure you get each step done correctly.

When you install the meta-doctor make sure you install each and every patch. For example, I had to use Ubuntu 10.04 (my HP laptop would not work on 11). Then install Java6. When it came to getting the novocom drivers, I needed to slighlt change the command line to get the step done. Do not proceed to the next step with out finishing each thing.

Now, what drivers are you talking about? I really can't help you too much because I am some what green at this too (going on 4 day), for the other technojugheads here will need more information to help.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by imurrx View Post
    You really need to read the instructions very carefully and need to make sure you finish each step before going to the next. I had some difficult in the first attempt which I stopped and started over. The second try I was able to flash but did got the texting issues, call dropped and other weird stuff. You need to make sure you get each step done correctly.

When you install the meta-doctor make sure you install each and every patch. For example, I had to use Ubuntu 10.04 (my HP laptop would not work on 11). Then install Java6. When it came to getting the novocom drivers, I needed to slighlt change the command line to get the step done. Do not proceed to the next step with out finishing each thing.

Now, what drivers are you talking about? I really can't help you too much because I am some what green at this too (going on 4 day), for the other technojugheads here will need more information to help.
    i am on a mac -
    i went through each step
    had to install command line tools for Xcode in lion
    downloaded macports
    had to clean all ports to proceed
    then followed every step and made it to the webosdoctor
    but it tries to install nova com drivers and it says it can't install on that drive because newer version exists

i tried finding the nova com drivers and removing them but that didn't work

it doesn't recognize my device

and i can't proceed

haven't went to sleep yet
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I installed ubuntu through windows and booted into it. I would suggest that. I have never used a mac.

perhaps you could install ubuntu in a virtual box and go from there.
  5.    #5  
    update:

i was able to fix this by downloading the latest sdk but not installing it. i just used the uninstall feature to get rid of my nova com drivers then i could continue through the webs doctor
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    good to hear..

Did you install it successfully? I had to reinstall once because I did not get the sprint logo and text/messaging service issues.
    Let's go LG, be not like HP.

Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X