Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    OK,

I have spent a few hours trying to convert my Pre - to a Pre 2. Of course I swapped the comm board from a Sprint Pre - to a Verizon Pre 2. The hardware switch was easy.

Software has been hell. First night I tried to download Ubuntu and there an outage with FiOS. Second night Ubuntu did not want to install (64 bit was reading as 32). Got that installed and had to use 10.4.

Walked through all the directions and could not get the Pre 2 to connect to the computer. That took some time but I got it finally to work. I still could not use the SDK files but the drivers are now working

Now the script I am using to metadoctor the Pre to work with Sprint is the ./scripts/meta-sprint-franken-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 .

When the phone keeps on rebooting it still says Verizon Wireless.

I know I put the correct board on the phone because the HEX MEID is the same of the Palm Pre from Sprint.

What am I doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    nevermind...

I did eat a turdsandwich and reinstalled the boards in the original phones.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ^hahahaha sorry for your troubles but, thats hilar.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    ^hahahaha sorry for your troubles but, thats hilar.
    I just finished the buffalo chips that came with it.

I needed to redo the software because I did not install all the drivers needed to flash it. I ended up with one of the Pre 2 with Texting issues, Call Dropped, VM notification issues, and stupid gremlin issues. Functional but not right (like rebuilding an engine and forgetting to put in a few screws some where).

I needed to reinstall Ubuntu again. I installed meta-doctor in the root directory and not the home. I am not that good at linux and I could not clean out the directory.

I skipped some of the drivers needed for the sdk or something. some of the links or commands lines needed to be tweeked. For example I needed to use git in one command because it listed deb instead.

Now everything works fine.

The one thing I miss from android is how e-mail is handled. that was nice, but webOS is better as a whole.