1.    #1  
    SO. I have had an original Sprint Pre since day one (not the SAME Pre, but I've had one) and recently my friend came upon a Pre 2 for nothing, and it was gifted to me. He has done a ton of swaps and sent it to me with WebOS 2.2.4 already on it but without the comm board, so I did the swap (first time, no issues!) and it started, activated just fine. I had to doctor it once because it wouldn't text, but everything else worked.

So I finish the doctor, load preware, start patching everything happily, and realize that I haven't gotten any texts. When I go to check my messaging app though, I see I have indeed gotten texts, but I'm not getting a notification at the bottom of the screen. Notifications work for facebook, email, photo upload, EVERYTHING but text messages. The phone rings when it receives a message but I have no notification, even the light bar. I've tried turning off notification blink and stuff and restarting but to no avail. I've restarted the phone dozens of times and still nothing. It's only been 24 hours but I NEED MY NOTIFICATIONS BACK! I can't imagine what would happen if I had to go away from webos at this point. I try using other peoples phones and have no idea what I'm doing.
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by nick.jh85 View Post
    SO. I have had an original Sprint Pre since day one (not the SAME Pre, but I've had one) and recently my friend came upon a Pre 2 for nothing, and it was gifted to me. He has done a ton of swaps and sent it to me with WebOS 2.2.4 already on it but without the comm board, so I did the swap (first time, no issues!) and it started, activated just fine. I had to doctor it once because it wouldn't text, but everything else worked.

So I finish the doctor, load preware, start patching everything happily, and realize that I haven't gotten any texts. When I go to check my messaging app though, I see I have indeed gotten texts, but I'm not getting a notification at the bottom of the screen. Notifications work for facebook, email, photo upload, EVERYTHING but text messages. The phone rings when it receives a message but I have no notification, even the light bar. I've tried turning off notification blink and stuff and restarting but to no avail. I've restarted the phone dozens of times and still nothing. It's only been 24 hours but I NEED MY NOTIFICATIONS BACK! I can't imagine what would happen if I had to go away from webos at this point. I try using other peoples phones and have no idea what I'm doing.
    Thank you!
    Maybe this thread will help:

FrakenPre2 2.2.4 No text alerts?
  3.    #3  
    That does help, thank you! I tried searching for that but gave up too soon apparently.
    Thank you again!
    You're welcome. It was really making me nuts till I fixed it.