Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #21  
    Yes, that is the model number.. am I using the right script?
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nativus View Post
    Yes, that is the model number.. am I using the right script?
    Ok, since the donor Pre2 Was actually a GSM model originally, you need to use the "meta-sprint-franken-unlocked-pre2-2.2.4" script (or the "meta-sprint-franken-unlocked-pre2-2.1.0" if you prefer the older version) Then is should FINALLY work.
  3.    #23  
    I feel like people aren't reading my posts... yes I am using that script and no it's not working because my phone demands activation.
    meta-sprint-franken-unlocked-pre2-2.2.4: flashes to the ROM fine then says activation error http://i.imgur.com/eHko3.jpg
    meta-sprint-franken-unlocked-pre2-2.1.0: states it can't reboot the phone.

I did try calling Sprint and having them activate my phone but they couldn't and they told me to call Palm and they wanted to charge me $14.95 to walk me through a hard reset. So... hope this third script works.
    To repeat what I mentioned elsewhere, I hope I'm not rehashing the obvious by saying to make sure the sprint comm board was activated with sprint BEFORE you took it out of the old Pre- and put it into the new Pre2 body. If so, one of the two meta-sprint-franken-unlocked-pre2-2.X.X scripts should definitely work for you.
    meta-sprint-franken-unlocked-pre2-2.1.0: states it can't reboot the phone.
    What does it say exactly? Run that doctor from a command line and copy the output - ALL OF IT - to a text file and post it here.

We'll be better able to help if we know what the problem is.
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffro-tull View Post
    What does it say exactly? Run that doctor from a command line and copy the output - ALL OF IT - to a text file and post it here.

We'll be better able to help if we know what the problem is.
    To be more specific, jeffro means to grab the LONG list of messages the showed in the command window after you started the process from there, not just the error on the graphical doctoring screen. Those messages usually tell you a TON about exactly what's going on.
  7.    #27  
    Here's what's going on... my friend is building the jar on his ubuntu box then giving it to me to run in Windows. Would this change anything at all?
    I feel like people aren't reading my posts...
    Post the full console log of the meta-doctor creation (from git clone to completed doctor) and also the full console log of running the created doctor on the command line with java -jar <file>

Until you post that complete and unabridged information, posting anything else is a waste of time.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    Here's what's going on... my friend is building the jar on his ubuntu box then giving it to me to run in Windows. Would this change anything at all?
    No problem. Once the jar is built it can be run in Windows just fine. Of course just make sure you have the Novacom drivers installed (available through webOS Quick Install) and have your Java up-to-date.
    The Doctor doesn't care what platform it runs on. Whether your host environment is Windows, Mac, or Linux (any of them 32- or 64-bit) shouldn't make a difference when it comes to just running the Doctor.

But that assumes that the Doctor is perfect. That's not always the case... there could be some errors along the way that don't prevent the Doctor from being built, but could prevent it from successfully running (or could allow it to run fine, but then the phone will have quirks after the fact).

So, like Rod suggested, the best way for us to help you would be for us to have the entire console log.
  11.    #31  
    Here is most of the log. This time when I the webOS doctor for 2.1 was built, it didn't have the reset error and it completed but I ran into the Activation Error screen. Is there a log file that is stored somewhere because the top part was trimmed. I'm hoping this has enough in it though. Please look over it for me. It's appreciated.

Why didn't I see this before? I'm going to try this tonight: Frankenpre 2 "Activation Error"
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DJ Nativus; 03/23/2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Found something in google search that this forum search couldn't find.
    Here is most of the log. This time when I the webOS doctor for 2.1 was built, it didn't have the reset error and it completed but I ran into the Activation Error screen. Is there a log file that is stored somewhere because the top part was trimmed. I'm hoping this has enough in it though. Please look over it for me. It's appreciated.

Why didn't I see this before? I'm going to try this tonight: Frankenpre 2 "Activation Error"
    That log shows that the generated doctor has successfully flashed your device.

The activation error is with your cellular provider. I cannot assist there (no CDMA in Australia), but others may be able to.

Please also post the log of creating the doctor by running the meta-doctor Makefile, so we can be precise about exactly what you have flashed.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

From the bit that you posted, I do see some odd messages about the Modem Updater.

This makes me curious again, for the sake of sanity, what result you would get by putting the comm-board back into the Pre- temporarily. When you do, along checking to see if the phone is activated and works generally, I'd also like you to open the phone app and type ##radio# (##72346#). This will tell you your comm-board's modem firmware version (or say "unknown" if it's corrupted).

There is a small chance of corrupt modem firmware on the comm-board that needs to be manually reflashed, a slight chance of a damaged ribbon cable, but lets not jump to conclusions without knowing more.
    Last edited by sq5; 03/23/2012 at 05:36 PM.
  14.    #34  
    I did the radio code and got this "Telephony radio firmware version: RC1.7(557)." I ran this on the Franken Pre 2. I haven't moved the board over yet.
    I did the radio code and got this "Telephony radio firmware version: RC1.7(557)." I ran this on the Franken Pre 2. I haven't moved the board over yet.
    Ok good at least that rules out corrupted modem firmware. Moving the board back to the Pre- will be telling then.

Btw, how did you bypass the activation screen on the frankenpre2? Just enabling Dev mode I suppose?
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    \Btw, how did you bypass the activation screen on the frankenpre2? Just enabling Dev mode I suppose?
    No, it's possible for phone testing. Once you type ## on the activation screen, it brings up the dialpad. Sprint had me do it over the phone when I was trying to get them to attempt to reactivate it.
  17.    #37  
    *cries* I got my pre- back together and I put it in recovery mode and webOS Doctor won't see it at all. The next button is greyed out yet the USB symbol shows on my phone. I then went back to the franken pre 2 hoping I could flash it with 1.4.5 but now webOS doctor won't even see that phone: not the 1.4.5 version of the one I made (unlocked franken pre 2 sprint). what could it be now..
    *cries* I got my pre- back together and I put it in recovery mode and webOS Doctor won't see it at all. The next button is greyed out yet the USB symbol shows on my phone. I then went back to the franken pre 2 hoping I could flash it with 1.4.5 but now webOS doctor won't even see that phone: not the 1.4.5 version of the one I made (unlocked franken pre 2 sprint). what could it be now..
    Boy, you're just not getting a break are you. Don't panic though. Before any more doctor attempts, its very important that we establish whether the comm-board is still activated and working on Sprint. First, reassemble the Pre-. Try booting it up normally since it should still have its original 1.4.5 installation intact. Try and use the phone (test call, internet) and see if it's activated and working on Sprint still. If so, you can reassemble the frankenpre2. If not, leave the Pre- as is and reactivate it with Sprint before doing anything else.

In the mean time, to address doctor issues, power down your computer all the way (not just a reboot) and leave it for a minute while you work with the Pre-. When (and only when) the Pre- is confirmed fully functional while the Sprint board is back in it, you can disassemble the Pre- and reassemble the frankenpre2. Power the PC back up and try the frankenpre2 doctor again. If still no luck, run webOS Quick Install and pick the menu option to reinstall the Novacom drivers. Then go back and try the doctor again. Try a different USB cable if still no luck after that.
    Last edited by sq5; 03/24/2012 at 07:49 PM.
  19.    #39  
    I'm not sure how many times I have to say I have my Pre- activated! I had it activated for six months before making the switch... the board IS activated. Please stop saying it may not be activated. The Pre- booted fine but no radios worked nor did the phone (because it has to be web os doctored first) which I can't do because I can't get the phone seen by webOS Doctor (but the bootie shows in Computer Management). And yes I already tried rebooting my PC. And yes I already tried reinstalling the novacom drivers. I guess I'll reassemble the phone and get Sprint to fix my Pre- and give up frankenpreing all together.

EDIT
    I keep swearing I'm not an ***** but I just realized I didn't have the Palm Novacom service running >.<

I'm getting so stressed and missing obvious things..
    Last edited by DJ Nativus; 03/24/2012 at 08:04 PM.
    The Pre- booted fine but no radios worked nor did the phone
    Look, when you say stuff like that, it sure sounds like your board isn't properly activated. So unless you are more specific and descriptive, I'm not sure what you mean when you say your phone booted fine, yet in the same sentence the radios don't work, nor does the PHONE.

I don't care if your pre- was activated for 6 decades before the swap. Regardless of if your board is on your Sprint account, something could have easily gone awry with the board itself during a boggled doctor attempt. Until you get that pre- fully operational and explicitly confirm everything works on it, there is no point in helping you proceed with the swap again.

We've been listening to you, but if you want help from here, you have to do what we say, even if you think you did it before or it seems obvious because you clearly may be missing some obvious things.
    Last edited by sq5; 03/24/2012 at 10:17 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast