1.    #1  
    I replaced my pre+ with a pre-2 on the Verizon network. On my pre+ I had converted to the new BING map when I upgraded BING maps was loaded. Then my OS was upgraded to 2.1 and the google map icon appeared when I clicked on it I go the message 'Please tap here to update to the new Maps app or search for Maps in the App Catalog'. I click on the link and it takes me to the application catalog, now I see a 'tap to launch' button instead of an 'install'. When the click the 'tap to launch' button I go back to the first screen. This loop is never ending. Does anyone know how to get the maps program working again.

Thanks you
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Go directly to the app cat and search "maps". You should get the Bing maps app and it should give you the option to download it.

I have to do that every time I reboot my phone.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCook View Post
    Go directly to the app cat and search "maps". You should get the Bing maps app and it should give you the option to download it.

I have to do that every time I reboot my phone.
    I have tried that but I get the 'tap to launch' button, the app catalog thinks the application is on the phone.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Hmmmm.... I'm at a loss. I was checking to see if you could delete the app and re-install, but I'm not sure if that's possible.
    Update to my verizon pre2 killed my map app.

I had the same problem fixed until my phone updated to 2.1.0 this am . I already had 2.1.0 on my phone. This happened before and I used the web doctor to correct the problem. I do not know where the over the air update came from but it caused the problem again.
    I plan to use the web o/s doctor again to fix it.
    I am up and running the only problem i have to enter all of my podcast url's. But the pre 2 is happy again.. It has a better screen than my pre 3.. Love the pre 2!!!!
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts