Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    is there any official word from Verizon whether this is planned?
    Hahaha...

Hahaha

Stupid verizon
    xandros9 likes this.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    They won't spend the money on a dead phone. That is a bummer. I am cautious about using a Doctor to upgrade my Pre2. I'd rather have an OTA from Verizon.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I used the test-Verizon-metadoctor and it works great. It is easy to do as well!
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    I used the test-Verizon-metadoctor and it works great. It is easy to do as well!
    I'll look at that. I'm technical to a point. I can only go so far.
    I'm surprised the Pre2 is still on the Verizon website. I expect it will be gone soon. It's been out about a year now. It's a good phone, but with no support, not even an OS update, it's going to be EOL real soon.
    What are the improvements with 2.2.4?

At $150, Verizon will have Pre 2's for a loooooong time.
    touchthatpad106 likes this.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCook View Post
    I'll look at that. I'm technical to a point. I can only go so far.
    Once you see it done or do it yourself, you will say "I can't believe it was that easy".
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post

What made me want 2.2.4 so bad was the ability to text message from my touchpad. Other then that I could live without it.
    touchthatpad106 and hf199 like this.
    What made me want 2.2.4 so bad was the ability to text message from my touchpad. Other then that I could live without it.
    There are scripts (getbt) to get sms map on webOS 2.1.x on pre/preplus/pre2 and veer, no need to go to webOS 2.2.4 just for that...
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    There are scripts (getbt) to get sms map on webOS 2.1.x on pre/preplus/pre2 and veer, no need to go to webOS 2.2.4 just for that...
    Yes I know, but figured update all the way and get the texting with it.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I've only noticed 2 issues since the doctor to 2.2.4. One sometime when the lock screen is activated the screen won't go black (fixed by hitting the power button a second time). Google image search stopped working to view images on mobile site (fix use pc site for images).

Neither one is a large problem or deal braker for me.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    could someone point me in the right direction for how to do this? Much thanks. Will I be able to text from my touchpad after doing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by freeoscar View Post
    could someone point me in the right direction for how to do this? Much thanks. Will I be able to text from my touchpad after doing this?
    Use the meta doctor process. There are two scripts for the pre2, test-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 which gives you stock webOS 2.2.4 on Verizon (stock WR carrier apps except I included the verizon cdma firmware), or super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 which gives you a full verizon carrier app experience and includes old youtube app (faster then new), motionapps classic bits so classic will work, googlemaps as well as bing maps... If someone just wants to sms (map) with their touchpad there is a wiki search (getbt) for webOS 2.1.x
    Last edited by John Steffes; 03/09/2012 at 09:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post

HAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA Its soooo true. Maybe they forgot they still have it? It should be free at this point! Even phones that came after have dropped lower in price.
    Where can this metadoctor be downloaded? I checked WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals and it doesn't have the new one just 2.1 :<
    i <3 my verizon pre 2
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nativus View Post
    Where can this metadoctor be downloaded? I checked WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals and it doesn't have the new one just 2.1 :<
    That page is just a handy list of links for the official HP/Palm webOS Doctors. There is no official HP/Palm webOS Doctor for a Verizon Pre 2 to bring it to 2.2.4.

Check out the webOS 2 Upgrade wiki page. In there, it'll tell you to check out the MetaDoctor wiki page. Read both of them. Twice.

The MetaDoctor application exists to make changes to HP/Palm's webOS Doctors - bypass carrier activation, start "fresh" with wifi profiles, etc. Those two wiki pages describe how it is also able to combine several webOS doctors into one. The pieces for webOS 2.2.4 to run on a Verizon Pre 2 all exist but are not in one package. The copyright terms for webOS (currently) don't allow for distribution of a reassembled doctor, but distributing the tools to do the assembly yourself (MetaDoctor) is just fine.
    I tried using the franken pre unlocked pre 2 script but my phone still asks to be activated :<
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nativus View Post
    I tried using the franken pre unlocked pre 2 script but my phone still asks to be activated :<
    You need to use the Verizon frankenpre script instead. There is a 2.2.4 version. Check my reply in your other thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast