Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Does the 2.2.4 update provide for EAS encryption? My enterprise updated their exchange server a few months back, and I have not been able to synch with my work exchange account since. I have been hoping (hope springs eternal) that vzw would provide an update as the pre 2 is still on their website. If 2.2.4 does support encryption, I will go through the effort to meta doctor. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I recently replaced my Palm Pre 2 for Verizon with another and I can't seem to get the meta-doctor scripts working. Is there a way to download a Meta-Doctor 2.24 for Verizon or another way to compile. I really need sms forwarding to my touchpad. Thanks
    The problem is that the Palm/HP server that was hosting the stock doctors has been shut down. If we can figure out which stock doctors it is trying to download, it is possible to put them in the download folder with the names the script is looking for, and it will just build the metadoctor without trying to download them again. That is not an area I have a great understanding of, but there are others that do, and hopefully one of those guys will see this and respond. I thought I had a pre-made Verizon 224 doctor laying around, but I haven't been able to find it yet - maybe someone else does and can host it somewhere for you to download it.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The problem is that the Palm/HP server that was hosting the stock doctors has been shut down. If we can figure out which stock doctors it is trying to download, it is possible to put them in the download folder with the names the script is looking for, and it will just build the metadoctor without trying to download them again. That is not an area I have a great understanding of, but there are others that do, and hopefully one of those guys will see this and respond. I thought I had a pre-made Verizon 224 doctor laying around, but I haven't been able to find it yet - maybe someone else does and can host it somewhere for you to download it.
    Thank You. I hope so too.
    I looked at the meta doctor scripts today, and the only 224 script I found for the Verizon Pre2 that wasn't for a Sprint FrankenPre2 or named test was the super 224 Verizon script. Can anyone confirm that is correct? I'm not in front of my PC right now, but I believe it had at least 5 doctors listed for source files. If I have them all, I'll try to cook one up this week, unless someone beats me to it.
    I have successfully managed to get custom doctors pieced together for the Pre Plus (AT&T and Verizon) and the original Sprint Pre. Wish I had a Super VZW version for you, but I don't.

Here is a rundown of how I got these custom scripts to work:

1. Followed this helpful "how-to" to get started: Simplified, Updated, no extras MetaDoctor creation

2. Find all of the required official doctor files on Github and write them down. For you, it would be the first five listed (lines 10 - 14) here: https://github.com/webos-internals/m...zon-pre2-2.2.4

3. Head over to https://web.archive.org/web/20140209...octor_Versions and locate/download each of the official doctors from the Github list. Pay close attention to the filenames, its easy to accidentally download the wrong one!

4. Make sure that each of the 5 doctor files are placed into the proper folder (the downloads directory created inside the meta-doctor directory...see #1 above about this step).

5. Run the script according to the "how-to". Once you do this, you will see that the script will stop because of invalid file names (the original scripts point to files that have since been archived and moved). At this point, I would simply rename the doctor file in the downloads folder to match the name that the script was looking for.

6. Re-run the script (it should stop at the second invalid doctor file). The way I did it, I simply repeated this renaming process for all 5 doctor files and re-ran the script until it was able to finally get it to build the custom doctor.

Once I got all of the appropriate doctor files renamed, I created a folder to put them in to make it easier to run in the future.

I know it sounds like a pain (it kinda is actually), but it works. I would go through this a get one done for you, but I am running out of storage space on my Ubuntu partition......

I'm glad to help if you decide to go this route, just let me know.
    Perhaps it is a region thing, but I just built a meta-doctor last week without any issues, direct from the hp/palm servers - I'm in the U.S.. I have the HOSTS file modification described here:
    Simplified, Updated, no extras MetaDoctor creation

The only part needed for Doctor downloads for me is:
    Code:
    195.22.200.42	downloads.help.palm.com
    But I have all 3 entries mentioned in the above linked post in my HOSTS file now.

I haven't ever built that "Super" Verizon doctor, but I tried all 5 doctor links it uses and they each started a doctor download with the HOSTS mod active:
    W224_JAR_URL=mynewpalm

V224_JAR_URL=mynewpalm

V210_JAR_URL=mynewpalm

V201_JAR_URL=mynewpalm

V1451_JAR_URL=mynewpalm

- Am I the only one that can still reach downloads.help.palm.com?

--I'd love to know if it works for you!
    Hmm, it seems I can get to them also. I hadn't tried in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyg View Post
    I recently replaced my Palm Pre 2 for Verizon with another and I can't seem to get the meta-doctor scripts working. Is there a way to download a Meta-Doctor 2.24 for Verizon or another way to compile. I really need sms forwarding to my touchpad. Thanks
    At what point is the meta-doctor script failing?
    Do you have a linux system you can boot into?
    Seems like folks have been assuming you can't get the doctor, but perhaps it is something else?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    The download links still do not work, but I redirected the code to archive.org. The doctors downloaded, but I was presented with a no rule to make target unpack error. Thanks Everyone for there help. The question still remains if there is a way to download the metadoctor. I am very unfamiliar with Linux and this experiment in using it has been difficult.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    <Double Post>
    Last edited by tyga tyg; 09/14/2015 at 12:54 PM.
    Maybe try to double check and make sure you are using the right script:
    ./scripts/super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4

Also, are the doctor files that you downloaded inside the "downloads" folder under the "meta-doctor" root folder?

Honestly haven't seen that error, but it sounds like the script is trying to build without the proper .jar files.
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post

Honestly haven't seen that error, but it sounds like the script is trying to build without the proper .jar files.
    By my recollection, there are several posts in these forums where folks have downloaded bad Doctor files from archive.org (obviously wrong file sizes).
    For folks that can't modify the HOSTS file on Linux, perhaps you can do that and the downloads on Windows or Mac and then move the doctor files into place for the meta doctor build on Linux.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12