Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    I hate to complain about my beloved Pre 2, but every since I upgraded it has been barely usable slow. Is anyone else experiencing this? I mean phone app history you can't even scroll. Contacts apps takes forever to register a contact or switch between screens. EVERY tap has to be repeated at least 3 times...no exaggeration. Sometime the screen is just plain unresponsive. The only way to get it to respond again is to bring up card view and then refocus the screen. keyboard doesn't lit up always. Email don't even get me started that is just painful to use.

    Now before the update everything ran butter smooth, fastest phone in the world. I removed all patches and kernals. Nothing fixes it. I hate to have to downgrade since I love skype, sms to the Touchpad and don't want to lose everything. I just don't see any other alternative.

    Anybody else either experiencing this or fixed this issue?
  2. #2  
    I'm running 2.2.4 on my FrankenPre2 with no measurable issues (outside of quirks that go back years). I'm not experiencing any of the problems you mentioned.
  3.    #3  
    man really. I was hoping that wouldn't be the case something has to be causing it. I might try to reinstall 2.2.4 fresh before I downgrade see if that makes a difference.

    Also do you have a skype account enabled? I had read a thread once where some people said that could cause some slow downs
  4.    #4  
    hmm i just removed my skype account and it seems to make huge improvements, but might just be me looking for a glimmer of hope... I'll keep testing for a while and see if it stays fast.
  5. #5  
    when I login to Skype, I clock it down to 600Mhz, otherwise it destroys my battery
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  6.    #6  
    oh is that what has been killing may battery? that was another issue I forgot to mention. How do you log off skype? in the messaging app?
  7. #7  
    you may want to save your package list and run EPR.

    emergency patch recovery.

    then load your saved package list and install all.

    my guess is there are patch conflicts.

    2.2.4 isn't causing the problem, the problem is elsewhere ..
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  8.    #8  
    so far with skype turned off I am seeing huge improvement. I am going to reinstall uberkernel and see if it is still snappy.
  9. gbobman's Avatar
    Posts
    169 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    #9  
    Just want to add that I just Sprint FrankenPre'd my VZW Pre 2 and it works smooth and quick.

    Now I'd love to know how to log out of any IM without deleting it.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

    I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

    - (Sigh)... It died.
  10. #10  
    the only complain I have about 2.X or 2.1 2.2.4 vs 1.4.5 is that the messaging app was much faster on 1.4.5. Even on my pre 2 it lags a lot but no big deal. I still love my pre 2.
  11. Loiter's Avatar
    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #11  
    I believe you log out in the Messaging App, byt pressing the "Online" and choosing "Offline".
    It's been months since I used it as the Synergy Messaging Plugins don't work anymore, but I think that's how it's done.

    As for the OP, I find 2.2.4 a bit laggy and I must say I don't like it much.
    Especially for the phone app.
    However it solved the google calendar sync problems for me and it was very important.
  12. #12  
    My main problems with 2.2.4 also were in the phone and contact app: Phone app does not allow sorting favorites acording to my wishes anymore and when I tap to choose main phone number of some favorite contact, it randomly calls someone else from the list. The favorite list is unsortable, however, sorts and resorts itself all the time. It has become a bit difficult to quickly call someone.
    Contact app did not allow any changes anymore and dupli-, tripli- and 64icated loads of contacs. After using webos doctor it works ok again. I had backupped everything before on palmone and also originally contacts had been shown up to 100 times, after doctor and reloading everything this was gone.
    In general the phone is slower and the touch screen less reactive since the update.
    Hope there will be a repairing new update soon.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by drahgon View Post
    I hate to complain about my beloved Pre 2, but every since I upgraded it has been barely usable slow. Is anyone else experiencing this? I mean phone app history you can't even scroll. Contacts apps takes forever to register a contact or switch between screens. EVERY tap has to be repeated at least 3 times...no exaggeration. Sometime the screen is just plain unresponsive. The only way to get it to respond again is to bring up card view and then refocus the screen. keyboard doesn't lit up always. Email don't even get me started that is just painful to use.

    Now before the update everything ran butter smooth, fastest phone in the world. I removed all patches and kernals. Nothing fixes it. I hate to have to downgrade since I love skype, sms to the Touchpad and don't want to lose everything. I just don't see any other alternative.

    Anybody else either experiencing this or fixed this issue?
    I have the same problems. The Pre-2 runs slow and just stalls opening apps and trying to use them. When I compare it to my Pre Plus, the Pre Plus is much faster with similar apps and patches loaded. I think there was a reason why 2.2.4 was not ported to the sub Pre-2's, it would have brought them to their knees. On the contrary, I have a Pre-3 with similar apps and patches and there is no comparison. It is very quick. The difference is in the hardware is my guess. I read the posts here and I checked to see if I am logged into Skype, I am not. So, that is not the reason my Pre-2 is slow.

    That said, I have been experimenting with different Govnah profiles, to see which one works best. For me, I think the OnDemandTcl 1200 works best, better than the UberKernal profile. I can't imagine running without overclocking. Has anyone experimented with others? Any better recommendations?

    My Pre-2 gets really slow of course when I have of course many cards open (8 or more) or when I start stacking them. These apps are not complex ones, memo, task along with phone, msg, email. Also, when I open up Music Remix player, that really taxes the software. I can have Remix playing music, Navit GPS running and that is about all it can do. If I open anything else up, it really bogs down and you have to wait a long time for apps to load and work.

    Other than the speed, I really love the Pre-2. I have a Pre-3 but not ready to go with that yet. I think once my kids Pre-plus's die or get damaged, I will give them my Pre-2 and then I will migrate over to the Pre-3 full time. However, I can already predict they will not be happy with the lag and sluggishness of the Pre-2 compared to their Pre-Plus's.

    If anyone has anyother suggestions or recommendations, I would be really interested in trying them to improve the speed of my Pre-2.
  14. #14  
    My Pre 2 was having the same issues. I was having feeling's of frustration that I haven't had for over a year (since I was on android) What seemed to help me was I did a total wipe of the phone along with a fresh doctor, after that it was much better. I never tried the Skype thing so who knows if that could have been it. I haven't logged back into my Skype since then I don't believe.
  15. inzy's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by lindenobre View Post
    My main problems with 2.2.4 also were in the phone and contact app: Phone app does not allow sorting favorites acording to my wishes anymore and when I tap to choose main phone number of some favorite contact, it randomly calls someone else from the list. The favorite list is unsortable, however, sorts and resorts itself all the time. It has become a bit difficult to quickly call someone.
    Contact app did not allow any changes anymore and dupli-, tripli- and 64icated loads of contacs. After using webos doctor it works ok again. I had backupped everything before on palmone and also originally contacts had been shown up to 100 times, after doctor and reloading everything this was gone.
    In general the phone is slower and the touch screen less reactive since the update.
    Hope there will be a repairing new update soon.
    I am having the same issues with the phone. I will load up favorites and tap a name or number it will dial someone else in the list. Its very annoying! I found that if you scroll the list a little bit then push the name or phone number it helps. Let me know if anyone else has a fix for this.
  16.    #16  
    Ok I just want to report back that this problem was 90% due to skype being enabled. My phone is now much faster. But I still feel as if 2.2.4 is a tad bit slower than previous versions. Scrolling in certain apps is still a bit slow, but managable.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelkriss View Post
    My Pre 2 was having the same issues. I was having feeling's of frustration that I haven't had for over a year (since I was on android) What seemed to help me was I did a total wipe of the phone along with a fresh doctor, after that it was much better. I never tried the Skype thing so who knows if that could have been it. I haven't logged back into my Skype since then I don't believe.
    well some Pre 2's were having an issue where it stayed clocked at 300mhz and never went to 1Ghz. You might have had that problem.
  18. #18  
    I'm feeling bad ! too lag !
  19. #19  
    I learned here so much. I installed 2.2.4 but I had many problems writted lines up. Reinstall 5 times and nothing, Too slow, web browser didnīt run, freeze,......I thought to sell my pre2....but I decided to install 2.1....and now I am happy to get my pre2 too fast, solid, software compact, and all app runs!...the velocity is good...(still with patchs for this version)....my opinion?....install 2.1...You will love your pre2...
  20. #20  
    I'm curious about everyone else's experience here -- I have a 1.4.5 Pre-, a 2.1 Pre+, and a 2.2.4 Pre2 here. The Pre- is stock clocked, the Pre+ is OC'd to 1.1Ghz, and the Pre2 is stock clocked. The Pre- appears to run similarly to the Pre+ in most functions, except for display scrolling in Enyo apps, in which case the Pre+ kicks it's ****. The Pre2 smokes all of them, though.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions