1.    #1  
    So it looks like sprint just bricked my Franken-Pre. I called customer service for a non device issue and the rep decided to update my network settings. They can't reset them since I don't have the option under preferences in the dialer app. I no longer have voice or data connectivity and the phone has phone-pad icon next to signal strength. My "upgrade" was done for me so I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done or if they finally won and I have to get a new phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by soubrause View Post
    So it looks like sprint just bricked my Franken-Pre. I called customer service for a non device issue and the rep decided to update my network settings. They can't reset them since I don't have the option under preferences in the dialer app. I no longer have voice or data connectivity and the phone has phone-pad icon next to signal strength. My "upgrade" was done for me so I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done or if they finally won and I have to get a new phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    My understanding is if you put the comm board back into a pre use the provisioning service it will fix it... Now I have a different thought there might be another way pm me and I can explain.
    You will need to put the comm card back into a pre that is doctored to a sprint webOS version (1.4.5 is the latest)

once installed boot it up and get the phone to the point that it is asking you to sign into your webOS profile, don't sign in as your comm card has already been provisioned, shut down and swap back to your francophone, should be good to go.

if there is another way to reprovision a frankenpre2 with out the swap, please let me know.

Good luck, don't forget to remove the volume rocker when dismantling!

Hans
    Quote Originally Posted by hans109h View Post
    You will need to put the comm card back into a pre that is doctored to a sprint webOS version (1.4.5 is the latest)

once installed boot it up and get the phone to the point that it is asking you to sign into your webOS profile, don't sign in as your comm card has already been provisioned, shut down and swap back to your francophone, should be good to go.

if there is another way to reprovision a frankenpre2 with out the swap, please let me know.

Good luck, don't forget to remove the volume rocker when dismantling!

Hans
    Hans there might be another way pm me and I can explain my thoughts... But I do not have a sprint phone to test...
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    The phone-pad icon indicates that TTY/TDD is enabled. Not sure if that messes with phone/data functionality. You can turn that off at the bottom of Phone Preferences.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    The phone-pad icon indicates that TTY/TDD is enabled. Not sure if that messes with phone/data functionality. You can turn that off at the bottom of Phone Preferences.
    Thanks David, I must have turned it on by accident while searching for a place to update my network settings... Didn't fix anything else though, no data or voice.

John,
    I sent you a message, I'd love to try your solution. Unfortunately I'm slow responding to everything today since I normally do 99% of email on my phone...