1.    #1  
    I've bought a Palm Pre 2 from amazon and it will be here on the 22nd or 23rd (hopefully the 22nd.) First question is what is the frame rate on recording video? I was about to buy a nokia 500 but the fps is 15, I have a nokia 5230 and the fps is 30. It should also come with a touchstone charger, so I'm happy. My main question is what should I do with the phone first. What apps and games do you recommend?
    Global Posts
    1,068 Global Posts
    I recommend the webOS Nation, free Angry Birds (original, Seasons, and Rio), and Beauty of the Day apps (all free).

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
    I recommend the webOS Nation, free Angry Birds (original, Seasons, and Rio), and Beauty of the Day apps (all free).
    Are you saying I can download the apps and games free from this site on my pre 2? or a different way?
    Give it to me!

Add Preware, the patches can really help with performance. (that's all I have for now)
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Global Posts
    1,068 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
    Are you saying I can download the apps and games free from this site on my pre 2? or a different way?
    Go into the HP Catalog app and do a search for those apps. Before you do that though, make sure you have the most current OS version on your Pre 2. To check that, find the app that looks like a box with a bow on it (System Updates) and the Pre 2 will check and see if any updates are available. You can check what version you have under the Device Info app. I don't have my Pre 2 in front of me, but the current, official version should be 2.1.2 or something like that (I know it is 2.1 something).

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303
  6.    #6  
    Ok thanks for the advice. I need all the advice I can get now because I'm giving up looking up phone stuff for lent.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
    Ok thanks for the advice. I need all the advice I can get now because I'm giving up looking up phone stuff for lent.
    Ack! Bad time to get a new phone!
    Return it.

Just kidding, but you should stack up on some $$ in your bank account. This phone will drain you of $ for the simplest of apps (upgrades). Want a better alarm clock? pay up. Better music player? pay up. Better internet browser....lol

But here's something that you'll like. In SMS convo, press Option key (Grey key) + Spacebar for emoticons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutie View Post
    Return it.

....But here's something that you'll like. In SMS convo, press Option key (Grey key) + Spacebar for emoticons.
    Thanks for that tip
    I've been using webOS for almost 2 1/2 years & I didn't even know about this one. This should be a front page tip, if it hasn't been one already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Thanks for that tip
    I've been using webOS for almost 2 1/2 years & I didn't even know about this one. This should be a front page tip, if it hasn't been one already.
    There is a page somewhere around here with "Tips" for the Pre2. But finding exactly what you need/want requires far and wide searching. Not sure if you knew this 1, but helps me out a lot. SMS Convo > Holding Opt Key + Dragging on Gesture Bar, will help you move around your text. Shift + Gesture Bar is for highlighting.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
    What he really means is, "free" .
  11.    #11  
    The phone is awesome. I only have a few complaints. The slidding mechanism is a little rickety and not being able to download from links. I keyboard took a day to get use to but after that, I love it. the touch stone charger is pretty cool also.