1.    #1  
    i have got EVDO USB modem through which i surf internet on my windows XP laptop ,now i want to share this internet to my PRE2 , you guys might have heard about CONNECTIFY ,its a great software which makes ur laptop/PC as WIFI HOTSPOT without buying any external hardware .
    Now the problem is ,this works flawless in windows 7 but not in XP .
    i am able to connect my PRE2 on my friends windows 7 laptop using connectify but not in XP , it is not even recognizing in XP .
    i need help..badly..as i am getting my touchpad in a week,i want to share my internet to it.
    also upgrading to windows 7 is not an option for me as this is my work laptop.
    anybody plss.....
  2.    #2  
    anyone plssssssssss........
    there are WiFi routers that will let you share a connection. I'm not in a place where I can track down the link, but amazon has several. I recall seeing one that lets you plug in your evdo card and share the connection without a PC.
  4.    #4  
    appreciate ur help but buying WiFi routers is last option , i was thinking on the line of some software like connectify which i can use on my XP ,or mayb if i can pair only 1 device at a time using connectify on the XP that wud also be great.
    thanx once again
    Can you get anything else to recognize the wifi signal from the XP computer? Sounds like it might be an XP and/or hardware limitation at this point too many variables to narrow it down it being the Pre2.

You are having success with different hardware and different OS, so this tells me the issue is with the XP setup somewhere and not the Pre2. To assist further than that, you need to at least get something to connect to the XP machine.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  6.    #6  
    u r logical , i haven't been able to test with any other device, i'll update if i find any success with that otherwise i guess i have to upgrade to win 7
    thanku
    LOL I trouble shoot for my day job and spend a decent amount of free time beta testing and trying to break things at home
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  8.    #8  
    LOL .. u r messi(the player) of our webosnation.. love to mess around with things...