Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I am trying to connect to my school's Wi-Fi network. It requires a username and password, which I have. When I try connecting I get an error message.

I know that if I were to have the phone avoid looking for a security certificate it will work. Is there any way to uncheck that box anywhere. Or do you know of another work around?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    What is the error message? Also, I am assuming that you are connecting via a web browser to get the login page? You might try turning off you cell data and see if that works. I have seen this issue with captive portals and older webOS versions, where the DNS request are sent out the cell network when trying to connect to a captive portal web page.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by philwil View Post
    What is the error message? Also, I am assuming that you are connecting via a web browser to get the login page? You might try turning off you cell data and see if that works. I have seen this issue with captive portals and older webOS versions, where the DNS request are sent out the cell network when trying to connect to a captive portal web page.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    No its not a captive portal.

The error message changes depending on what "type" of network I choose. Anywhere from the connection cannot be established and I need to contact my IT support for a certificate.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    10:51 AM Aden:
    Did you install any third party apps apart from App catalog?
    10:52 AM Ryan :
    i have preware
    10:54 AM Aden:
    I am afraid, as you have installed third party apps, it revokes the functionalities of your device.
    10:54 AM Aden:
    So, the help option might be disabled.
    10:55 AM Ryan:
    wow, i've never heard of that before
    10:56 AM Aden:
    Installing third part software will on the device will revoke the functionalities of your device.
    10:57 AM Aden:
    Delete all the apps that were installed on your device.
    10:57 AM Aden:
    Try to connect your Wi-fi and try again.

I have a few issues with this...
    1. I have never heard of HP revoking the functionalities of a device for installing preware. Is that true!?
    2. My first step is to delete all of my apps and try to connect to the wifi network again. Seriously!? Definitely not worth it.
    What BS