Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I've been using a Franken Pre 2 for about a month now and I've noticed a few annoyances, but one thing stands out above all others:

If I slide my phone open, it only turns on about half of the time.

My Pre- had a 100% success rate, so I'm wondering if this is some webOS 2.x wonkiness or if something else might be causing this. Has anyone else experienced this? My Sprint Pre 2 was created from a new/unopened Verizon Pre 2, and I did not have any trouble reassembling it... it feels very solid and I followed directions perfectly to the best of my knowledge so I don't think it is hardware. I have noticed that it seems to happen mostly after the screen has been off for a few minutes; once the screen is on, I can turn it off and slide open repeatedly with no failures.

I would be grateful for any input on this issue as it is very annoying to need to open/shut the thing multiple times on a regular basis.
    "Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything."
    ~ Kurt Vonnegut
    I have the same problem. I might uninstall all my patches and see if its one of them that are making this happen.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    I have the same problem. I might uninstall all my patches and see if its one of them that are making this happen.
    That's not a bad idea... in fact, I'm kicking myself for not doing that before whining about it in the forums. I'll be sure to update the thread if I find a solution (whenever i can make time to try that), but would be most appreciative if anyone else who may beat me to the answer feels inclined to share. (:
    "Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything."
    ~ Kurt Vonnegut
    I started having that problem when I upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2.4 on my Pre 2

it also won't turn off when already slid open most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    I started having that problem when I upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2.4 on my Pre 2
    SAME. I'm having this problem and definitely only started seeing it after the 2.2.4 update. I haven't doctored since, but maybe that will fix it seeing as it doesn't seem to be a common issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by RawsonDR View Post
    SAME. I'm having this problem and definitely only started seeing it after the 2.2.4 update. I haven't doctored since, but maybe that will fix it seeing as it doesn't seem to be a common issue.
    it survived one doctor as i doctored a while back to fix a broken Tasks app
    hmmm
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    well I only recently upgraded (last week) to 2.2.4 on my verizon pre2, so I haven't had much occasion to see if I get this, haven't so far that I've noticed.

BUT! I did have it on 2.1 before upgrading. my pre2 at the time had 2.1 then got the update to reinstall 2.1 again, so I dunno if that had anything to do with it but I _definitely_ had this prior to 2.2.4.

hope this info helps somehow.

running 2.2.4 with the advanced patches only (so far).
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RawsonDR View Post
    Yha same. Wake function on the phone on this 2.2.4 update seems to be a tad wacky at times.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I did my Franken straight to 2.2.4 so I can't comment on whether the problem existed in prior versions on my pre2, but I removed all patches except for some email ones and still have the issue. Guess we'll all have to keep our fingers crossed for Open webOS a.) being released for the pre2 and b.) fixing this issue.

*sigh* Waiting and hoping... That is the one big thing I did not miss during my 6 month tryst with Android.
    same on frankenpre 2 as well as keyboard light up issue and general phone slow down.