Switched Comm boards, I doctored webosdoctorp224pre2wr.jar without trouble, but now In Activation Trouble...

Activation error

You may need to activate your phone by going to .

You'll need your HEX MEID:

A1000008d8f053

When youare sure that you have activated your phone, try again.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rcd2 View Post
    Switched Comm boards, I doctored webosdoctorp224pre2wr.jar without trouble, but now In Activation Trouble...

Activation error

You may need to activate your phone by going to .

You'll need your HEX MEID:

A1000008d8f053

When youare sure that you have activated your phone, try again.
    I am having the same issue on my 1+year old sprintified gsm pre2 . The issue is the you are not getting a data connection? It will never activate if you don't see the EV symbol indicating data. Sprint tried to do a data reset but it still did not work. I put the board back into my pre- and it started working. For some reason......the networking profile keeps getting screwed up when I out he comm board back j to the pre 2. It is as if sprint keeps pushing new network settings. However, the provisioner does not work in the pre2 so that might be the issue. The provisioner works on the original pre -. Not sure what I am gonna do....this might be the end of the road for me and webOS phones unless anyone knows how to get around this issue.
    same thing happened to me. When I switched the com board back into the pre- and doctored to 1.4.5 it wouldn't let me avtivate then either. I had to go to the sprint store to have them activate it. The lady told me it was a problem that the Palm phones sometimes had. I tried to pry for more details on what exactly she did but she didn't say. I then went back home and did the swap and it worked. I'm loving my pre2. I hope that helps you out. A few things that I thought might have been the issue but I have no way of knowing exactly is
    1. Could have been my Airave antenna.
    2. I could have possibly got it activated if I called customer support
    3. They may have activated the pre2 if I just brought that there
    the list above is just me guessing at things and may not be actuate at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by yourdiyguy View Post
    same thing happened to me. When I switched the com board back into the pre- and doctored to 1.4.5 it wouldn't let me avtivate then either. I had to go to the sprint store to have them activate it. The lady told me it was a problem that the Palm phones sometimes had. I tried to pry for more details on what exactly she did but she didn't say. I then went back home and did the swap and it worked. I'm loving my pre2. I hope that helps you out. A few things that I thought might have been the issue but I have no way of knowing exactly is
    1. Could have been my Airave antenna.
    2. I could have possibly got it activated if I called customer support
    3. They may have activated the pre2 if I just brought that there
    the list above is just me guessing at things and may not be actuate at all.
    changed back to pre - works without any problems will try this next weekend maybe?