1.    #1  
    So I bought a Palm Pre 2 brand new off ebay about 3 months ago and I've loved it. The problem is from the very beginning the slider was somewhat loose, especially compared to the tight slider I had on my Pre Plus.

I've noticed over the last three months that it has gotten slightly "looser". I'm afraid that its eventually going to brake but I could be wrong.

Has anyone had a loose slider for along period of time with no problems, or is my phone going to "oreo" on me soon?

Can someone share with me my future?! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by imgreenlantern2 View Post
    So I bought a Palm Pre 2 brand new off ebay about 3 months ago and I've loved it. The problem is from the very beginning the slider was somewhat loose, especially compared to the tight slider I had on my Pre Plus.

I've noticed over the last three months that it has gotten slightly "looser". I'm afraid that its eventually going to brake but I could be wrong.

Has anyone had a loose slider for along period of time with no problems, or is my phone going to "oreo" on me soon?

Can someone share with me my future?! LOL
    Just think that you have a very fast Pre+/-.
  3.    #3  
    How does your comment help me at all? I'm trying to find out if the phone is going to break on me soon since the slider has gotten loose.

Or if its just going to be loose and I shouldn't worry about it.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I have a few pres both pre - and pre2(s) They all have gotten loose and wiggly. one of them is horrible. (newer pre2) The other one is minimal the older pre- are functional but beat up and just **** poor to use or bother with. Its just annoying on the pre2's they feel solid until the darn thing slides open. We'll see how bad a pre3 will be, If I could ever get one; damnit. tried a few auctions but fail at price matches. Anyway, Ive had all my phones in daily use oldest being going on a year now for the pre2, and 2 years for the pre-
    Last edited by Balooz; 02/10/2012 at 03:41 PM.
  5.    #5  
    That's what I was looking for. Thank you for your response.
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Balooz View Post
    We'll see how bad a pre3 will be, If I could ever get one; damnit. tried a few auctions but fail at price matches.
    Keep trying! The Pre 3 does not have any slider problem at all. It is VERY taught, VERY solid. I had a Pre- that used to reboot if I opened the slider too quickly (seriously not cool!). The Pre 3 feels so much more well-built, it's amazing.

Last I checked the Pre 3 prices on eBay were falling a bit so keep trying!
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    My Pre2 got slightly wigglier. We shall see
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    had pre- with loose slider nearly since beginning and the pre2 got more loose over the year now, but since it still works great i like the pre2 more than the pre3.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Why is there any discussion, pretty easy to fix. Open her up and tighten everything.
    dont! You will end up overtorquing the poor thing and that cant be good, it will break. I did something on my plus that really helped, this is replacing the internal plastic rails. Is still far from perfect but it improved a lot. When removed, the slider mechanism (mirror + keyboard) will show four plastic stripes, they worn down and make the thing feel loose as play btween the stripes and metal retainer increases. I pried the most worn out (bottom,left) and replaced it with a stripe made out of an old credit card. It helped a lot. Had to glue it with super glue.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zubiaur View Post
    dont! You will end up overtorquing the poor thing and that cant be good, it will break..
    Nah as long as you are careful and make sure you just take up the slack and stop as soon as you feel any resistance you'll be fine. Probably 1/8th of a turn.

I agree though that most people would probably do a white knuckle job with the screwdriver and that's wrong.