1.    #1  
    Iím dropping my Verizon service all together. I never use my Pre2 to make/receive calls anyway, have a work cell that I use for that. But I love the Pre2 and want to keep using it and the apps and keep my Palm Profile. My thought is after I cancel my Verizon service, I would like to use it on WiFi mode only. I know I can turn off the phone radios individually in the menu but would like to either permanently turn off the phone/data radio OR remove the carrier information all together on the phone so it canít ever look for a 3G or phone signal (just in case the phone radio gets turned back on accidentally). I hope by doing this it will save battery power and avoid my phone always trying to connect to a cellular network. Did a quick search and found information on doctoring then activating the phone without service and finally signing into a Palm Profile. Seems like a lot of steps to go through just to disable the radio. And I would like to keep all my settings/saved app info/passwords, and I believe doctoring will wipe all that. Didnít know if there was an easier way to just get into into the programming to remove the carrier info or, like I said, turn off the phone radio permanently?
    Without Verizon service your phone should continue to function as a Wi-Fi PDA with no alterations. You don't need to run a Doctor or log-out of your Palm Profile or anything like that. All you have to do is turn off the radio, there's even a patch in Preware to keep it permanently turned off.
    "'Form follows function' ó that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    All you have to do is turn off the radio, there's even a patch in Preware to keep it permanently turned off.
    That's exactly what I'm looking for! What's the name of the patch?
    "'Form follows function' ó that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  5.    #5  
    Thank you! Worked great!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Could it be still synced with my Palm profile such that all the apps and music that I bought are available on both devices? Also my e-mails and calendar entries?