1.    #1  
    So I've got this Palm Pre 2, that took a nasty fall and landed unluckily, causing a very distracting crack on the phone - Palm Pre 2 Cracked.jpg

I bought another Pre 2 to solve this trouble, and for some reason Dad wanted the cracked one. But this new Pre 2 has just recently come across a sporadic "Phone Offline" problem which occurs even after 7 doctors to different versions of webOS :P And yes I tried different SIMS.

My question is, theoretically, the front part of one phone is cracked, and the back part of the other phone is having phone offline problems. Is there a way to do a swap?

I live in Australia (yep, big complication). Anyone that could swap them? Or is that a) too big of a risk, or b) not possible and I'm dreaming?

Thanks, I'm really curious as to whether this is plausible!
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    If it took a drop then it is possible that something inside, something with the commboard, got loose. Could take it apart, make sure the cables are properly soldered and snapped in, dust it out with canned air, and CAREFULLY reassemble it together.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    If it took a drop then it is possible that something inside, something with the commboard, got loose. Could take it apart, make sure the cables are properly soldered and snapped in, dust it out with canned air, and CAREFULLY reassemble it together.
    The Pre 2 with the "Phone offline" issue, has never been dropped. Not once. :/
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    The Pre 2 with the "Phone offline" issue, has never been dropped. Not once. :/
    Opps I should've read more carefully.

Not certain if your taking back the cracked one for use but you can swap out the comm boards from the cracked one to the new one. Run the webOS doctor again and see what happens. If you done have a spare phone you could try this on your new phone:

ModemFW Flash - WebOS Internals

To note this is VERY risky and could make the phone offline permanent. Is possible your firmware is corrupted but Im not fully convinces it it is not 100% failing.

5.    #5  
    Reckon a standard phone repair shop could do it?

I wouldn't risk it, I'm just 17, and not too experienced with phones :P

Also, do you know if its possible that a certain "band" of the phone broke and stopped working, so a cellular network that uses another band might work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    Reckon a standard phone repair shop could do it?

I wouldn't risk it, I'm just 17, and not too experienced with phones :P

Also, do you know if its possible that a certain "band" of the phone broke and stopped working, so a cellular network that uses another band might work?
    You could try to take it to a phone repair shop.

The band and carrier has nothing to do with phone offline issue for it means the OS lost contact with the modem only.

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    You could try to take it to a phone repair shop.

The band and carrier has nothing to do with phone offline issue for it means the OS lost contact with the modem only.
    Oh okay then, I wasn't too sure. Some days the phone is just constantly going offline sporadically other days it doesn't happen at all.

Doesn't need to be a Palm one? Any repair shop might be able to do it?
    I faced the same problem with my phone... After repair all goes well.