Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Thanks, everyone. I bought a used one off eBay for $75. Looking forward to its arrival.
  2.    #22  
    Spoke too soon! The seller said Pre 2, sent Pre+.

And, of course, he "can't afford a refund. My bad." Fun!

I'm sure I'll find a Pre 2 eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZBigE View Post
    Spoke too soon! The seller said Pre 2, sent Pre+.

And, of course, he "can't afford a refund. My bad." Fun!

I'm sure I'll find a Pre 2 eventually.
    I hope you went through PayPal. You should be able to get your money back on that deal, especially if the listing clearly said Pre 2.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    I hope you went through PayPal. You should be able to get your money back on that deal, especially if the listing clearly said Pre 2.
    Luckily, I did. I should be able to get the $ back but I have to wait to the 17th to "escalate" to ebay decision makers so I have time to hear every excuse and beg not to get ebay involved...err...I mean, negotiate a settlement with the seller.
    Luckily, I did. I should be able to get the $ back but I have to wait to the 17th to "escalate" to ebay decision makers so I have time to hear every excuse and beg not to get ebay involved...err...I mean, negotiate a settlement with the seller.
    That's good. eBay should really just start filing fraud charges against sellers who pull this crap. It would clean up a lot of their issues. It's also better for business when you show the riff raff the door.

I don't think some of these people realize that they could be charged with false advertising and be forced to cough up monetary compensation. In some states, they can even face criminal charges. I'm really surprised with how many stories I hear about this stuff with eBay. Hopefully, you'll get your money back and get the phone you want.
  6.    #26  
    Turns out the person that duped me (intentionally, most likely) is a kid from Michigan. ebay is going to refund my money. I just need to return the phone to the seller (which he will use to dupe someone else, most likely).

I'll send it and hopefully get the refund soon. This has been annoying, though. Any of you out there looking to buy a Pre 2 on ebay should learn from my experience.
    Turns out the person that duped me (intentionally, most likely) is a kid from Michigan. ebay is going to refund my money. I just need to return the phone to the seller (which he will use to dupe someone else, most likely).

I'll send it and hopefully get the refund soon. This has been annoying, though. Any of you out there looking to buy a Pre 2 on ebay should learn from my experience.
    Sorry to hear about your experience!! I have a Pre 2 plus touchstone that I would be willing to let go for $100+ S/H. I've been an Ebayer for over 10 years and an original Pre owner and member of what was formerly know as PreCentral with perfect feedback. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Regards,
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    That is a major bummer. I narrowly dodged bidding on a Pre+ myself; asked the seller if the screen was glass and pointed out that the Pre+, while being the second iteration of the Pre, was not the same as the Pre 2. I don't know that people are doing it intentionally, but it does happen a lot.
    "Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything."
    ~ Kurt Vonnegut
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpressive View Post
    Sorry to hear about your experience!! I have a Pre 2 plus touchstone that I would be willing to let go for $100+ S/H. I've been an Ebayer for over 10 years and an original Pre owner and member of what was formerly know as PreCentral with perfect feedback. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Regards,
    Check you PMs.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by nullity View Post
    That is a major bummer. I narrowly dodged bidding on a Pre+ myself; asked the seller if the screen was glass and pointed out that the Pre+, while being the second iteration of the Pre, was not the same as the Pre 2. I don't know that people are doing it intentionally, but it does happen a lot.
    I think some mistakes are honest ones, but most are intentional. For example, I wrote to one seller on ebay and asked a few questions that led to the phone being a Pre+. He was thankful and quickly adjusted the listing (closed, then re-opened with new info, I believe).

But there have been many others that I've asked to post better pictures or asked other questions of that have just ignored me or given lame/evasive answers.

So far, I'm running a 4 to 1 ratio of intentional vs. accidental.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12