1.    #1  
    I'm hoping that someone with database experience will be able to help with this. For reasons I will not bore you with, I need to reset my palm profile. I have everything I need to do a manual restore, except my text chats which I would like to take with me.

I was able to extract all of them in this form:

{"_id":"++HW2axBJy0lwOSM","_kind":"com.palm.smsmessage:1","_rev":1856,"_sync":true,"callbackNumber": "","conversations":["++HW2bNCBJRWkCcq"],"flags":{"read":true},"folder":"inbox","from":{"addr":"+15555555555"},"localTimestamp":130298316200 0,"messageText":"this is a text message","networkMsgId":806967864,"priority":0,"readRevSet":1856,"serviceName":"sms","smsType":0,"st atus":"successful","timestamp":1301689800},

using the command

luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.messaging luna://com.palm.db/find '{"query": {"from": "com.palm.message:1","limit":500,"orderBy":"localTimestamp"}}'

in novaterm

does anybody know the commands I can use to "put back" the messages after the reset?

I would really, really appreciate the help
    I was able to restore my SMS with the output of the script below. Start the script with something like "script > smsbackup.sh" and copy it to the other device and run it there.

#!/bin/sh
    echo -n "luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.messaging palm://com.palm.db/put "
    luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.messaging palm://com.palm.db/find '{"query":{"from":"com.palm.message:1"}}' \
    | sed \
    -e 's/"_rev":[[:digit:]]\+//g' \
    -e 's/{"returnValue":true,"results":/'\''{"objects":/g' \
    -e 's/,\+/,/g' \
    -e 's/{,/{/g' \
    -e 's/,}/}/g' \
    -e 's/$/'\''/g'
    echo
    echo -n "luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.messaging palm://com.palm.db/put "
    luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.messaging palm://com.palm.db/find '{"query":{"from":"com.palm.chatthread:1"}}' \
    | sed \
    -e 's/"_rev":[[:digit:]]\+//g' \
    -e 's/{"returnValue":true,"results":/'\''{"objects":/g' \
    -e 's/,\+/,/g' \
    -e 's/{,/{/g' \
    -e 's/,}/}/g' \
    -e 's/$/'\''/g'