1.    #1  
    I've searched, and previously posted in bugs & fixes thread, but have not found two I am having on an unlocked Pre-2/WebOS 2.2.4/AT&T. I bought two phones for a great price when HP decided to bail out of the hardware business. I had noticed the bugs with the first phone but broke the screen. I hoped changing to the other phone would fix the problems, but they persist.
    Contacts - The type of phone number in contacts cannot be changed. The type (i.e. mobile/home/work/other) will be automatically defined when you add a new number. But when in the edit mode for contact, the type cannot be changed. On my Pre+, selecting the phone type offered a dropdown menu to select from available types.

Default Application - I cannot define the default application for a particular file type. By selecting the preferences within device info you get an option for "Default Applications". Selecting this option brings up a screen with the "Data Type" on the left column, and application selection dropdown on the right. Problem is that the dropdown menu is greyed out and functionless.

Has anybody experienced these issues and found a solution?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by campfirepe View Post
    I've searched, and previously posted in bugs & fixes thread, but have not found two I am having on an unlocked Pre-2/WebOS 2.2.4/AT&T. I bought two phones for a great price when HP decided to bail out of the hardware business. I had noticed the bugs with the first phone but broke the screen. I hoped changing to the other phone would fix the problems, but they persist.
    Contacts - The type of phone number in contacts cannot be changed. The type (i.e. mobile/home/work/other) will be automatically defined when you add a new number. But when in the edit mode for contact, the type cannot be changed. On my Pre+, selecting the phone type offered a dropdown menu to select from available types.

Default Application - I cannot define the default application for a particular file type. By selecting the preferences within device info you get an option for "Default Applications". Selecting this option brings up a screen with the "Data Type" on the left column, and application selection dropdown on the right. Problem is that the dropdown menu is greyed out and functionless.

Has anybody experienced these issues and found a solution?

Thanks
    I am experiencing the same problem, but do not have a solution. Further, I cannot get it to accept a new contact. Not a clue why.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    To be honest haven't noticed this before, just checked it now after reading this topic.
    It doesn't happen in all my contacts so something else must be reason.
    I think it happens to my Contacts that were linked with MSN through the Synergy Messaging Plugins.
    Maybe the fact that with 2.2.4 the plugins don't work causes it.
    Can other people check this? If this is the case maybe we can fix it.

Edit: I think that was the reason. I opened one of the contacts with the problem. I deleted the linked MSN profile and now I can change the contact info.
    it may depend on "where" the contact info is hosted. Some cloud services let you edit the data on the phone (like google) and others do not.

where are the contacts coming from?
    I have the same problem, I can't edit, delete or add contacts ... I have a veer updated to version 2.2.3
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    My contacts are Palm contacts so there is no problem with that.
    In my case all the contacts that had the problem had different profiles linked in. These profiles were profiles from the Synergy Messaging Plugins that unfortunately don't work anymore with 2.2.4 and I uninstalled them.
    Check where your contacts are from or if they have obsolete profiles linked to them or something.
    Maybe that will help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by grankin View Post
    I am experiencing the same problem, but do not have a solution. Further, I cannot get it to accept a new contact. Not a clue why.
    See the thread at "webOS 2.2.4 update available for Pre2 ". It goes much further into FrustratingLand.
    See the thread at "webOS 2.2.4 update available for Pre2 ". It goes much further into FrustratingLand.
    Nevertheless, it appears to have been fixed by a complete wipe of the HP profile, apps & data. Contacts now work as they should.
    Nevertheless, it appears to have been fixed by a complete wipe of the HP profile, apps & data. Contacts now work as they should.
    The Complete Solution was to manage to lose my AT&T SIM card when swapping over on my departure from Panama (where I used my Pre+). I called AT&T and got a replacement, unthinkingly installed it in the Pre2, and discovered that all of the prior problems (no, I will not call them "issues") went away. It seems (after conferring with HP's tech support) that the original SIM was not forward-compatible and was telling the CPU something erroneous that confused this feature (and others .... like the phone itself)