1.    #1  
    I saw a thread over a year ago about putting the little tap and pay card inside the battery cover of a Pre but no one ever wrote whether it worked. My credit card company sent 2 of them to me so I figure if I ruin 1 by putting it there, then I have the other. Since it won't work to attach it to the outside of the curved back of my Pre 2 and since it does fit inside on the battery (I didn't peel the sticky back off since I want to be able to change batteries, but it fits fine anyway), I figure the only way it would be helpful to me is if this works.
    What is that? A little piece of plastic with the credit card rfid chip in it, meant to stick inside your cell phone? That is definitely an interesting cheap way to get NFC like behavior on uour phone without actually doing NFC :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Sounds similar to something like ZoomPass for Shell gas stations, a little keychain NFC type of thing. Try it out, I can't see why it would get ruined. Either it will work, or it won't.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Not exactly NFC but sounds a bit more flexible as it wont be limited to just one phone or gadget. Also, if banks issue these free, the NFC features on phones may not command the higher premiums - unless more compelling use cases are developed. The one major problem of course, would be interoperability.
    I think my phone may have fried the circuitry in my access card but I think a bank card's one would be stronger. If you have nothing to lose, just give it a go.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    should work just fine really.
    do you think using the touchstone while its in there would affect anything? This is something that I have wondered because if it doesn't mess with it, I wouldn't mind doing this myself..
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    do you think using the touchstone while its in there would affect anything? This is something that I have wondered because if it doesn't mess with it, I wouldn't mind doing this myself..
    Only one way to find out. The touchstone magnet isn't particularly strong, but you never know.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I thought I'd heard a couple of people on here say they'd tried these and the touchstone had made them unusable?
  10.    #10  
    Apparently the phone cover adds too much interference. It doesn't work so I took it out, but it still works so I don't think the touchstone affected it. Had to stick it to my driver's license since it won't fit on the curved back of my phone.