1.    #1  
    Hi All,
    Is there a solution for this yet? I searched around and I see some other people have this issue. I have not been able to get my phone to find my location since "upgrading" to Bing maps. I doctored my phone but the problem remains.

VZ Nav works fine as always. I tried setting location services to GPS only, this didn't work.

My phone was 100% awesome before I did this stupid update, it's upsetting. Any help appreciated.

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

I hope you get some responses to this. I was just about to post the question "How does the Verizon Pre2 fare with GPS?" I have the Pre+ and it has always been a struggle to get the GPS to function properly for a period of time. I never know when it will work and when it will leave me to die in the wilderness. Good thing I travel with Bear Griylls so I can at least survive on elk dung fires and roasted roaches until the GPS starts working again!

I had to upgrade to Bing Maps after about a month of Bing/HP maps becoming available. Google Maps wouldn't load anymore after about a month. I donated to BFG Maps and use it for the best traffic data I can get (it accesses Google's traffic data which is reportedly much higher quality and availability as compared with Bing Map's traffic data).
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

3.    #3  
    In other threads people recommended the app "GPS fix"...
    It's helped a slight bit, after lots of coaxing I got it to find a location but this is a mile from where I actually am. That is better than nothing, but still, poking at it for 15 minutes to get Bing maps to respond to location data is not pleasant. I'll let you know if it improves.

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

Remember when I said I hope you get some response here...sorry about that! My hopes are getting crushed! :O

I have used GPS Fix and GPS Wrestler. Fix has worked better for me, but Wrestler has been useful as well. I used to do the VZ Navigator dance where you open it, refuse the purchase, then close it out. I've even used VZ navigator for a month long free trial...GPS worked best during that month of course. But that app is pretty poor. It would malfunction on me often, and I couldn't use it in Canada (of course the data roaming fees would have killed me anyway).
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!