Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    i just put my sprint pre- comm board onto the verizon pre 2 and turned it on and now...

-i cant receive messages
    -phone calls drop whenever i hang up
    -it doesn't say sprint on the top left screen
    -and for the device info, it says my carrier is VERIZON

how can i fix it?

i didn't do a PRL update when i took my pre- comm board out. is that the problem? or no?
    which custom doctor did you use/
  3.    #3  
    i didn't. Was I suppose to?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    You should check out webOSinternal's page on Meta Doctor. You will need to use it to create a custom webOSdoctor for use on a Franken Pre 2. I'm working on that right now during my first Franken Pre 2 build, and from what I've read it is pretty much required to make things work correctly.

Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals
    "Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything."
    ~ Kurt Vonnegut
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Also, I seem to recall reading long ago that the custom doctors are not available for download. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but you'll have to install Ubuntu and build your own using the instructions in the above link.
  6.    #6  
    so we really have to meta doctor? Even though I got 2.1 already? As soon as I turned on the new frankenpre 2 it said version 2.1 but for carrier it says VERIZON
    Yes. You absolutely absolutely have to meta-doctor.
  8.    #8  
    and which one do I use?
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    and which one do I use?
    Please read the webOS Internals wiki page on how to do this. There should be a link to it on post #4. In fact, as the wiki instructions note: read it twice before beginning the frankenpre process. YOU MUST meta-doctor, and no there is not one pre-made as it is illegal to distribute one. You have to go through all the steps shown and create your own. You only have to do this once, then every time you doctor after that you can use the one you are just about to create today.

IF you read the instructions thoroughly, this will go smooth as butter. The hardest part for me was getting the ubuntu setup on my laptop as I dont use linux. I have done this 3 times now, the first time is the hardest, the rest just work on the stuff you did the first time.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    and which one do I use?
    oh...sorry, wont be able to read the wiki today...forgot the wikipedia site si DOWN! for 24hrs. so check back tomorrow after midnight.

UPDATE: Can still get into wikipedia, just have to search for the article/page in google first and it will take you to the page.
    Last edited by DJeremyC; 01/18/2012 at 08:38 AM.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    You don't go to WikiPedia, you go to the webOS Internals website which has a wiki:

Sprint Pre 2 - WebOS Internals
    WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
  12.    #12  
    wow so installing ubuntu will be harder than I thought. I had already meta doctored before on this other program called cwyin or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    You don't go to WikiPedia, you go to the webOS Internals website which has a wiki:

Sprint Pre 2 - WebOS Internals
    WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
    DUH! Sorry just being dumb today...what happens when you're at work early in the morning...lol

wow so installing ubuntu will be harder than I thought. I had already meta doctored before on this other program called cwyin or something like that.
    Actually not that hard...I had a difficult time with ubuntu for lots of reasons, some which you probably wont experience. This really is not "that hard" just does take some time and effort. But totally worth it. I had a Pre- for over 2 years and it was great, then finally took the plunge to a frankenpre Pre2 and it was just freakin' AWESOME!

My advice...study the page for a few, and just do it!

15.    #15  
    the meta script for verizon sprint frankenpre 2 is 2.2.4 instead of 2.1. How can I get a 2.1 meta script?
    the meta script for verizon sprint frankenpre 2 is 2.2.4 instead of 2.1. How can I get a 2.1 meta script?
    What do you see as the benefit of using the old 2.1 meta script versus using the current 2.2.4 meta script? If you stick with 2.1, you should read up on blocking any updates then.
    I have to say, the inability to just share a finished meta-doctor for this purpose is flat out pants-on-head silly, especially since they've announced they are taking webOS open-source.

It's even sillier because this is a cobbled-together webOS doctor created from multiple freely-distributed webOS doctor files and isn't being sold or otherwise distributed in a way that harms any copyright owners.

Makes no sense to me. Anyway, I sent you a present OP, check your messages.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Just go 2.2.4, it works wonderfully and you can always add the 2.2.3 preware feed if there is a patch or two that hasn't been updated to 2.2.4 yet (for example - I love the fullscreen browser patch and had to install the 2.2.3 feeds to use it).

Anyway, I have no complaints on 2.2.4 and I'm pretty certain you'll feel the same way. Join the dark side luke.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    What do you see as the benefit of using the old 2.1 meta script versus using the current 2.2.4 meta script? If you stick with 2.1, you should read up on blocking any updates then.
    well I was reading and everyone was complaining about 2.2.4 or it does work fine?
    I have a dedicated linux server so Ubuntu wasn't an issue for me, however it is so straight forward to burn a "live disk" and reboot with it in do the few meta-doctor steps on the wiki and be done with it.

I highly recommend going directly to 2.2.4 over 2.1 for the Franken....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast