Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By gapost
  1.    #1  
    I've had my Verizon Pre 2 for almost a year now, and seem to have found the best combination of patches, kernel, etc to make it run great. I post what I have so maybe others can try some things. I am not tempted at all with another phone (well, maybe the Windows Phone from Nokia) since mine is running so fast and smooth. My Lithium benchmark is 150

First, I have tried meta-doctoring to 2.2.4 and didn't like it. When I tried it, there were not enough patches to come close to matching my setup with 2.1.0. My setup:

Uberkernel running at 1.2ghz with Screenstate3 setup
    Mojo smooth scrolling patch
    Mojo Tap responsiveness patch
    Muffle system logging patch
    System control optimization patch
    Unthrottle download manager patch

Of course I have more patches, but these are the ones that affect the performance. My wife has an Iphone 4S and the smoothness of scrolling and tapping is the same. Switching from vertical to landscape is quicker than the iphone. The browser is still faster loading pages in the Iphone, but...

I have three email accounts turned on, wifi on all the time, data on all the time and gps turned off most of the time. My phone, with the mugen extended battery will pretty much last all day, but I usually drop it on the charger once or twice.

Hopefully, this will give some of you some ideas you can try to make your Pre 2 the best it can be.
    kataran, LTPZ2 and JED-WEB-OS like this.
    Thanks for the useful user info...I may be replacing my VZW Pre+ with a Pre2. If so, I think this info will be helpful.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

If you add the 2.1.2 feed in Preware, you'll find that some of 2.1.2 patches work on 2.2.4. I've even got some on my Pre3, which was never released with 2.1.x.
    I'm thinking of going back to 2.1.0 as well on my Pre2. I'm on Verizon and after meta-doctoring to 2.2.4 I've had some real annoying problems with camera hanging when saving photos.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    I agree - i have much the same set up as you with out the MOJO patches and i rarely have a problem. I also have all of sconix's advanced patches install and they pretty much make the pre 2 on VZW awsome. Mode switcher is something i would never be able to live with out and since there are no comparable apps on ios nor androd i cannot imagine going down that route for a long time.
    I have one nagging issue - rarely when i receive a call and they hang up before i do the phone app will hang. if you bring up another contact and quickly place a call / cancel it will release. I have not had time to figure where this is coming from and it happens so rarely that i don't consider it much of an issue.

thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I have had a Palm since the first Treo came out with the phone attachment and made the mistake of buying a droid for a 2yr NIGHTMARE of a contract. But Verizon let me renew 6 months early and even though people thought I was nuts for not picking a new Windows phone, I jumped at having a Palm Pre 2.
    BUT... things have changed and apps are a mess within the webOS menu.
    I will definitely look into all the info given above for a better transition but I am in desperate need of a patch to be able to type in both Greek and Ukrainian.
    Once again, this is for a Palm Pre 2.
    Thank you...
    my VZW Pre2 running 2.1 has been the most unstable phone I have ever used. This will be my last webOS device that's for sure.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    I agree - i have much the same set up as you with out the MOJO patches and i rarely have a problem. I also have all of sconix's advanced patches install and they pretty much make the pre 2 on VZW awsome. Mode switcher is something i would never be able to live with out and since there are no comparable apps on ios nor androd i cannot imagine going down that route for a long time.
    I have one nagging issue - rarely when i receive a call and they hang up before i do the phone app will hang. if you bring up another contact and quickly place a call / cancel it will release. I have not had time to figure where this is coming from and it happens so rarely that i don't consider it much of an issue.

thanks
    I have the exact same problem with the phone app...seems a few people on here have. Hopefully one day I'll get a chance to sit down and explore that a little further.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    lol, I thought this was common knowledge for any webos user on this forum. Everyone should be running this setup on your pre2. Only downside is battery life but that can be managed by mode switcher and data.

Also Jstop put in automatic mode is a necessity with this setup.
    Plus preset reset set to reset the device atleast 1 time a day and re-synch time. I have mine set at 4am
    I have a Verizon Pre 2 and I really enjoy it. My only complaint is the browser could perform better and render/load pages better.

Everything else I do works great, phone performs great. I love it.

However, a couple months back when the Bing Maps update came out, I installed Bing and everything seemed to work fine.. a few days later Verizon said I had an update (2.1, which I already had) so I said.. ok I'll update again. After that Google Maps was back on. So I tried to install Bing back on. Long story short, I'm unable to update to Bing and Google Maps obviously doesn't work as it was discontinued.

I want to reset the phone to stock, but have no idea the safest way to do this. Only thing I'd want to save on my phone is the pictures/music/videos. What's the easiest way to get my phone back to stock and not lose my files?

I'm ok with reading, so if you point me to a thread I can follow the bouncing ball.

Thanks!
    Looks like the Doctor keeps your USB Drive, so my pics, videos, music and docs should be ok. Doctoring!