Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xandros9
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I've poked around the feeds and it doesn't look like there is a current stable uberkernel for pre2 2.2.4, is that correct, or am I TOTALLY missing something?
    Check out Paper Basketball Plus! A toss it / paper toss style game with achievements, timed mode, moving targets and more! Buy 1 app, use it on pixi / veer / pre / touchpad all in full resolution! It's neat. I swear. For reals.

http://bit.ly/moZYOq
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Yep - I don't have beta feeds on my Preware, and there's only the Uberkernel placeholder and recovery kernel available.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    I'm pretty sure its because the sources haven't been released yet for 2.2.4, so there's nothing to build uberkernel from.
    UberKernel & f104a Starfighter for Pre 2 are both in the 2.2.4 Beta feeds.
    Fyi...latest I've seen regarding UberKernel for pre2 2.2.4 was the following tweet from webosinternals on 1/3/12: @webosinternals: UberKernel/Pre2-89 is now in the beta-kernels feed, with overclocking to 1.2GHz and ondemand-ng & lag-free governors for #webOS 2.1.0/2.2.4
    well that's exciting!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDZEdge View Post
    Fyi...latest I've seen regarding UberKernel for pre2 2.2.4 was the following tweet from webosinternals on 1/3/12: @webosinternals: UberKernel/Pre2-89 is now in the beta-kernels feed, with overclocking to 1.2GHz and ondemand-ng & lag-free governors for #webOS 2.1.0/2.2.4
    My experience is that 1.2mhz causes lags . . . don't know why . . . but 1.1mhz doesn't (using F104A Starfighter).
    Ive been using the LagFree governor set to 1.2. The performance is very good, but I've been getting horrible battery life. I'm talking 250mA on idle, 300 with the screen on, and 500-600 on data or heavy load. I took it off the charger at 8 and it was at 18% by 11:30.

Not sure if its attributed to 2.2.4, Uber-Kernel, or the LagFree governor yet. Going to test some tonight.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Ive been using the LagFree governor set to 1.2. The performance is very good, but I've been getting horrible battery life. I'm talking 250mA on idle, 300 with the screen on, and 500-600 on data or heavy load. I took it off the charger at 8 and it was at 18% by 11:30.

Not sure if its attributed to 2.2.4, Uber-Kernel, or the LagFree governor yet. Going to test some tonight.
    Been using both kernels since release. Lagfree is amazing in my opinion so smooth. But no matter what settings ive tried just kills the battery. And seems no matter what setting I use kernel on or of battery life is worse in 2.2.4 to a degree. But im on ondemand and its somewhat better.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    UberKernel & f104a Starfighter for Pre 2 are both in the 2.2.4 Beta feeds.
    What is the link to add the beta feed 2.2.4 to Preware???????

Thanks at advance!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    Quote Originally Posted by sshaka View Post
    What is the link to add the beta feed 2.2.4 to Preware???????

Thanks at advance!!!
    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    My experience is that 1.2mhz causes lags . . . don't know why . . . but 1.1mhz doesn't (using F104A Starfighter).
    Of course 1.2/1 MHz would be laggy! even the old Palm PDAs were never set that low!

EDIT: UberKernel seems up in the standard feeds! (2.2.4) Installing now!
    Lagfree rebooted my Pre. Guess i'll stick with screenstate3
    Last edited by xandros9; 01/15/2012 at 09:33 AM.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    davidtm likes this.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    Of course 1.2/1 MHz would be laggy! even the old Palm PDAs were never set that low!

EDIT: UberKernel seems up in the standard feeds! (2.2.4) Installing now!
    Lagfree rebooted my Pre. Guess i'll stick with screenstate3
    I experienced this 2 times. Something in the settings. Try changing your freq. or max.

Think I found a perfect bettery kernel:

odmtcl: up 70%, max tickle 2 min 4. screenstate enabled at 150mhz. compressed swap on at 24mbs. deadline and cubic and my temps at 25. It has been 4 hours and only down 6% 20mins of music player remix. 10mins of email and 40 texts or so.
    (i do have all data turned off though and brightness at 45%)
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    I experienced this 2 times. Something in the settings. Try changing your freq. or max.

Think I found a perfect bettery kernel:

odmtcl: up 70%, max tickle 2 min 4. screenstate enabled at 150mhz. compressed swap on at 24mbs. deadline and cubic and my temps at 25. It has been 4 hours and only down 6% 20mins of music player remix. 10mins of email and 40 texts or so.
    (i do have all data turned off though and brightness at 45%)
    guess I'll try that out
    what is meant by min 4?
    Last edited by xandros9; 01/15/2012 at 04:14 PM.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    I'm pretty sure its because the sources haven't been released yet for 2.2.4, so there's nothing to build uberkernel from.
    Aren't these the sources in here?
    Open Source Packages - opensource.palm.com - Palm