1.    #1  
    I had an unlocked pre 2 I had not used for a while. It was working fine but when I tried to give it away recently and found out that WIFI doesn't work any more. It can not find any wifi network. There are normally about 5 to 6 wifi network visible in the neighborhood. I had tried to doctor is back to 2.01, then 2.1.0 then back to 2.2.4. Nothing... still not seeing any ssid. Just keep looking for network. Self test show error 25 and 1000. Can I:

1) conclude that this is an hardware issue?

2) did anyone tried this antenna fix? is this applicable to a pre 2?
    Installing Palm Pre Antenna - iFixit

thanks in advance for any advices.
    It's possibly the antenna tip at the top of the phone, next to ear speaker that's loose or broken. It's supposed to touch a connection on the logics board, but it probably doesn't anymore.
    If the part is still in the phone, it can be fixed relatively easily, but you'll have to take it apart.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks! Phone is still under warranty and I am going to send it back. Now the task is to convince the palm/hp support to issue an repair ticket, which is much harder than I thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by red_sun99 View Post
    Thanks! Phone is still under warranty and I am going to send it back. Now the task is to convince the palm/hp support to issue an repair ticket, which is much harder than I thought.
    It shouldn't be. Their first script is to "Run the latest webOS Doctor".
    Start by saying you've done that 10 times already, that the device has not been dropped, and that you expect a device with this price tag to have continued wifi functionality