Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Editor02
  1.    #1  
    is there any reliable alarm clock app for the Pre 2????? It is going to KILL me if the reason I finally have to give up on my webOS phone is for lack of a frackin' alarm that actually works!

The Timepiece app worked great until recently - since the last update it defaults to a crazy discordant ringtone that can't be changed.

Everything else seems to fall prey to either an incorrect time problem or a dropped alarms problem.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by alesia121 View Post
    is there any reliable alarm clock app for the Pre 2????? It is going to KILL me if the reason I finally have to give up on my webOS phone is for lack of a frackin' alarm that actually works!

The Timepiece app worked great until recently - since the last update it defaults to a crazy discordant ringtone that can't be changed.

Everything else seems to fall prey to either an incorrect time problem or a dropped alarms problem.

Any ideas?
    Calendar events with a reminder?

the Clock app works fine for me... Probably why there aren't other alarm apps out there (it works fine for most folks).
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    the clock app. works fine.. flurry on fullblast gets me up.
    Yeah, what's wrong with the clocks app built into the phone, on the alarms tab?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    ananimus likes this.
    Mine failed me this morning. Turned on the alarm entry and went to bed. Woke up and the phone did not show the alarm entry, but it reappeared when I rebooted.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I haven't had any problems with my alarm on any of mine, ever. I use my alarms every single day on my pres' for two years now. I've never ever Been late. Thing is its easy to turn off right after turning on the alarm accidently if you happen to double tap.
    My Pre2 has not woke me up in a couple of occasion but I think it was because of the "add new days options" patch. My Pre 2 is set to spanish and the patch is in english (the days appeared as monday, tuesday, etc) so I guess something goes wrong with the language difference. I just removed the patch and work with the standard options, no problem at all. It is not the most complete alarm app but it works... btw, I stayed in 2.1.0 so no idea if it is a 2.2.4 issue.
    I use the built in clock app as well along with Power Nap. Power nap is something that you have to set manually but it works fine for me whenever the setting in the clock app is not activate.
    A recent update to Timepiece introduced a bug on the Pre that the Raindance sound would always play. This was fixed a few days ago and should be working now. The standard clock continually plays the alarm sound until you shut it off, which is really annoying. I like the configurability in Timepiece and am glad it's working correctly now.
    Quote Originally Posted by alesia121 View Post

Any ideas?
    yes, the ringtone; yes, alarms keep vanishing, or when you change them they don't save changes. Sometimes they go off even when dismissed, or NOT when they are snoozed. And yes, this is all since the update, sadness...