Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Day 4 of the gsm pre 2 to Sprint program. I'm glad I still had my Sanyo! I have installed Ubuntu (wubi is already installed with Ubuntu, is it not?) and am stuck at the linux stage. I don't understand Linux step 1. How do I get from inside Ubuntu to "open terminal from the ( Applications > Accessories ) menu. I don't really get step 2 either. Thanks in advance.

5.Restart your computer and you can dual boot to Windows or Ubuntu
    The nice thing about this is that it will allow you to uninstall Ubuntu right from Windows as if it was never there and remove the dual boot, not to mention the fact you do not need to partition your drive.

If you are still wondering what Wubi is, the following link should explain it to you better. Wubi Guide

Once you have installed WUBI, you should follow the instructions in the Linux section below.

Linux
    1.Open terminal from the ( Applications > Accessories ) menu.
    2.Update your package lists and install git and Java runtime (the Canonical Partner Repository is needed to install the Sun Java JRE because it was moved out of the Multiverse in Ubuntu 10.04). Type:
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    PS The online software videos begin right after the part I can't figure out. Anybody out there? ;-(
    I made a video tutorial from step 0. If you can't figure it out from this, you shouldn't do it.

meta-doctor video tutorial
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Thanks for the link. For some reason I did not have a desktop icon for Terminal. Ctrl + Alt + T is what brings it up in Ubuntu. Also for any other lost soul out there trying to wade through this process my pre 2 would not go to USB using the wall plug version. It did go to USB when I plugged it into the computer while the phone was off. Anyway, the Pre 2 is awaiting re-activation via sprint in the morning. I'll post a note as to how that works ;-) Thanks again for doing the video Gizmo