Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Hello!

New user here; just to ask one question:

Will the Pre 2 offer a good replacement phone for a BlackBerry Bold 9700?

I am honestly fed up with my phone. The browser sucks ***** and it's always out of memory. The J button is broken (I have to push the button HARD to make a J) and its always unresponsive.
    I have been following Precentral / Webosnation for a while and I like WebOS and the Pre form factor. I am aiming for WP7 Nokia Ace but Nokia's taking too long to release it! I gained interest in the Pre 2, since maybe January. But instead I ended up getting my brother's BlackBerry bold which contract ends in 2013 (I live in Canada and I HATE the 3 year contracts)

Pretty sure the Pre 2 works with Bell, right? Because I recently found a Pre 2 selling for $150 on kijiji and maybe use some cash to get a better phone.

What do you guys think? I'm a student and email is a big thing for me too, as well as document making (which is why I chose WP7), but I also use BBM a lot. So it's a drawback for leaving BlackBerry.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    The browser is not extremely good, I'd say it's decent. E-mail is pretty good (at least in my case), notifications are very good, you can manage different accounts etc.
    The keyboard is good, improved from previous models.
    Document making, well... The Quickoffice can only open Office files. I'm not sure if there's another app in the Catalog for the Pre for creating documents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    The Quickoffice can only open Office files. I'm not sure if there's another app in the Catalog for the Pre for creating documents.
    Picsel Smart Office from the App Catalog can create new Word/Excel/PowerPoint documents. It is not free though ($7.50 if i'm not mistaken).

Pre 2 is definitely very good for emails (pull, push, any number of accounts with full synchronization).

There is no BBM, of course, but with the latest webOS update for Pre 2 you have skype inbuilt into both phone and messaging apps.
    great email, especially with synergy and cards
    web browser is alright, but has some quirks like the rest of webOS

the only real editing option is Piscel SmartOffice, and I have no experience with the app.