Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Thanks for looking, I went through as much info as possible, twice, and decided to go ahead with the pre- to a pre 2 process. Swapped the boards and then started up the new Pre 2 so I could webOs doctor 2.0.1 Problem is phone says "phone error, your phone is experiencing an error that can't be resolved" with the cloud background. Computer, or webos docotor, will not recognize pre 2 when I hook it up so I can't update it. Tried searching the forums to get the phone into USB mode. orange + sym + U does not work. Updated sdk to 2.1 as a post suggested, no luck.........

Any ideas? thanks in advance.

Seth
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    if you have a metadoctor already the software part should go smoothly. Put the phone in recovery mode, pull the battery, reinstall it but don't power up the phone. Now hook up to the charger plugged into the wall while holding the volume up button until a USB icon appears. Then run the doctor, remember don't hook up to the computer til it tells you to.
    You want to put your phone into recovery mode first (hold the volume-up button while plugging in the USB until a big usb logo appears), and then run the metadoctor you created. Don't let the phone start up all the way.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Thanks you guys, I put my pre - , and the pre 2 back to original. I realize now I have a gsm verison not a Verizon.... i'm a newbie ;-) Anyway, both phones work in origianl mode. The pre 2 had a short vid on the sim card. Thats when it became clear I have the GSM. never saw a sim slot before. pretty obvious though, now! Ok now so Its back to understanding the metadoctor for the gsm swap and I'll try again. thanks for tips!!
    Quote Originally Posted by whfrat View Post
    Thanks you guys, I put my pre - , and the pre 2 back to original. I realize now I have a gsm verison not a Verizon.... i'm a newbie ;-) Anyway, both phones work in origianl mode. The pre 2 had a short vid on the sim card. Thats when it became clear I have the GSM. never saw a sim slot before. pretty obvious though, now! Ok now so Its back to understanding the metadoctor for the gsm swap and I'll try again. thanks for tips!!
    Good luck, and make sure you swap over the whole back bezel/antenna with the comm board still attached from the old phone (not just the comm board by itself) because the antennas for CDMA and GSM are shaped differently. I think the official webOS Internals instructions already have you do it this way normally. You'd get crappy reception if you used the GSM bezel/antenna from the new phone with the CDMA comm board. Swapping the whole bezel over as one piece is faster and easier anyway.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    Good luck, and make sure you swap over the whole back bezel/antenna with the comm board still attached from the old phone (not just the comm board by itself) because the antennas for CDMA and GSM are shaped differently. I think the official webOS Internals instructions already have you do it this way normally. You'd get crappy reception if you used the GSM bezel/antenna from the new phone with the CDMA comm board. Swapping the whole bezel over as one piece is faster and easier anyway.
    This and put your phone into restore mode and things should go off with out a hitch.