Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. davidtm's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
       #1  
    I'm stumped by this, but I have ultimate faith in my fellow webOS Nation people!

    I got a Sprintified Pre2 done over Th'giving, using a Verizon Pre2. It has worked fine except for one thing: if I ignore or fail to answer an incoming call, the caller gets a Verizon recording that says my number is disconnected or no longer in service.

    I can make and receive calls just fine. Caller ID is fine. I have Sprint as the carrier label on the home screen. I have the usual Ev icon; and data, calls, SMS, and MMS all work fine. My previous Sprint voicemail settings are intact from years ago. Under Device Info, my phone number is correctit does say Verizon as the carrier, but the MSID number looks familiar from before. (I didn't actually save it anywhere to verify.) The MEID number is the same as before.

    I re-doctored to 2.1.0, and no success. I just downloaded the 2.2.4 update again OTA, and again no better.

    Morrison0808 who did the "surgery" for me is also looking into this, but he didn't know what it was offhand.

    Who has a bright idea or solution for us??

    TIA,
    davidtm
    Last edited by davidtm; 12/30/2011 at 09:33 AM.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  2. #2  
    Uhhh... wow.

    You follow all the instructions regarding carrier tokens, PRL, etc?

    Really though: wow. Odd that it would ring you but then dump into VZW.

    it does say Verizon as the carrier
    Also, this is a bad sign -----^ You using VZW Doctors or the proper MetaDoctor?
  3. Ziplock's Avatar
    Posts
    243 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #3  
    you gotta setup your conditonal call forwarding thru your sprint phone its like *73 then your voicemail number or something .... youmail makes you do it to use there service.
  4. davidtm's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
       #4  
    So, it turns out that this was unrelated to the FrankenPre process or 2.2.4 update. I had used Sprint's unconditional call forwarding to a work (Verizon) cell phone during the process. Even though I turned this off when I got my phone back, it didn't "take". A call to Sprint Customer Svc had them "refresh" the phone (whatever that is!), and I'm back to my Sprint VM!

    Thanks for all the brainpower you may have tried, and special thanks to Ziplock for verifying what had occurred to me just before.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  5. AMR-1's Avatar
    Posts
    258 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    #5  
    You might want to switch your VM to Google Voice. It will avoid this problem in the future and give you much more control over your txtin and VM. Best feature is that it will txt you a rough translation (enough for 95% of them tho) your VMs. Plus it is free...

Posting Permissions