1.    #1  
    Got a weird question.

I'm planning on getting a Pre2 to FrankenPre onto sprint. IF I get an ATT Pre2, could I take the GSM Pre2 radio board and put it back into my Pre-? Would using the 1.4.5 GSM doctor make my Sprint Pre- a GSM Pre-?

I'm asking because my parents use T-Mobile and this could be a backup phone for them. They don't use data so there's no issues with falling back to lower data speeds.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I'll try it soon and let you know. I got an att pre 2 for my frankenpre
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. The Verizon Pre2 is supposed to be an easier process but I like the idea of having an unlocked GSM phone available.
    I put a unlocked Pre 2 (WR) comm card in an original Sprint Pre - phone and it became a WR unlocked Pre. In order to get communication to work the SIM toolbox app is needed (meta-doctor).

Hans
    ditto to the above

did it to my pre- for giggles after I built my sprint pre2

didn't bother putting it on a network but it is reasonably simple to do - mine is now effectively an ipod touch, set it up with a 2.1 doctor so I could run music player remix on it

of course, it still sits unused by anyone but my 2 year old son...... It'll probably end up forgotten in a drawer until someday I come across it and marvel at how primitive we all were. I recently found my old palm zire in a drawer, it still turned on, green screen blazing as it fired up right where it left off in the middle of an ebook I was reading way back in the day. I turned my old faithful companion back off, amazed that it still had juice in it, baffled that I once saw that device as the absolute pinnacle of handheld achievement. I tossed it back it back into the drawer that time forgot.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  6.    #6  
    Great to know. My Pre- still works so I'd hate to reduce it to complete junk; this way it can be a backup phone for my GSM-using parents. They are still using dumb phones so even the Pre- would be an upgrade.