Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1.    #21  
    googling this is the first thing i did, please don't insult me.

    if you pressed some of the links on the results page you understand why i'm asking a specific link.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by bero View Post
    googling this is the first thing i did, please don't insult me.

    if you pressed some of the links on the results page you understand why i'm asking a specific link.
    You are right. eblade is just trying to be funny. No need to bite off his head. He just failed.

    Code:
    webOS 2.0 and 3.0 Devices
    
    The activation-bypass tool is not needed for webOS 2.0 or 3.0 devices.  
    Go to the phone app. 
    On a GSM phone, press "#*DEVMODE#", followed by the call button. On a CDMA phone or the HP TouchPad, press "##DEVMODE#", followed by the call button. (If the device is GSM, and there is no SIM card, a screen may be displayed instructing you to install one. Just begin typing the "#*" and the phone app will appear.) 
    The Developer Mode scene will be displayed.
    Select "On". You will be prompted to re-boot the device. 
    
    Note that the DEVMODE code is only for unactivated devices. It provides a way of bypassing activation and first use, and putting the device into developer mode at the same time.


    Can you do this? Sorry, codes are apparently off.
    If you can't do this, you will have to download devicetool.jar from this location:
    https://developer.palm.com/content/r...ed_device.html

    If you start it from the command line: java -jar devicetool.jar
    You will get this error: Error: missing resource images/nova-installer-image-roadrunner.uImage

    Open the devicetool.jar file (rename it to devicetool.zip or use Total Commander).
    Under "\com\palm\webos\devicetool\images\", you will find uImage files, and of course the roadrunner one (for Pre 2) is missing.

    Download the Pre 2 2.2.4 webOS Doctor.
    Open it.
    Open \resources\webOS.tar
    Open nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz
    You will find "nova-installer-image-roadrunner.uImage" there.
    Extract this file and copy it into the devicetool.jar file.

    Run the devicetool.jar from the command line again.
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 01/24/2012 at 04:35 AM.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by bero View Post
    googling this is the first thing i did, please don't insult me.

    if you pressed some of the links on the results page you understand why i'm asking a specific link.
    I'm sorry, the first hit there came up with the official instructions for bypassing activation on webOS 1, 2, and 3, including the official instructions on how to use the bypass tool on devices where it's necessary.

    The second link for Pixis, the third link for webOS 2 specifically, the fourth for webOS 1 specifically, followed by the 6th link which sublinks into a half-dozen threads or more about the topic, the 7th link how to build a doctor that permanently bypasses it, and the second to last link on the page about how to bypass it on demonstration units.

    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I'm sorry, the first hit there came up with the official instructions for bypassing activation on webOS 1, 2, and 3, including the official instructions on how to use the bypass tool on devices where it's necessary.
    Had you followed that link yourself, you would have realized the method mentioned for webOS 2.x won't help OP. #ahitandamiss
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 05/06/2012 at 03:31 PM.
  5.    #25  
    GFN: 10x, it worx, but what does it mean if this is the problem?
    what's causing this or better yet, what wrong with this phone?
  6.    #26  
    and another thing, I'm having a new problem....

    the phone won't charge although it's connected and have the lighting symbol on the battery meeter and after it drains completely it will charge for about 5%, boot up and drain again, couldn't it be because i started disassemble it yesterday and assembled it wrong? on the other hand it does work and charge...
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by bero View Post
    GFN: 10x, it worx, but what does it mean if this is the problem?
    what's causing this or better yet, what wrong with this phone?
    No idea. It just happens sometimes.
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 05/06/2012 at 03:31 PM.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by bero View Post
    and another thing, I'm having a new problem....

    the phone won't charge although it's connected and have the lighting symbol on the battery meeter and after it drains completely it will charge for about 5%, boot up and drain again, couldn't it be because i started disassemble it yesterday and assembled it wrong? on the other hand it does work and charge...
    First, dis and reassemble it again, just in case.
    Maybe you just forgot something.
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 05/06/2012 at 03:31 PM.
  9.    #29  
    well, after testing it, the modem is not working, it doesn't say that i don't have reception or that i don't have a sim card even if a sim card is inside, there is nothing showing on the left upper corner, where i should see the cellular company name or that i don't have a sim card.

    any suggestions on what can i do to fix this?
  10.    #30  
    so... i have a brick?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions