Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Nice work Nick.

Three "fixes" for my problems:

1) WiFi problem. My wifi did not stay awake when the phone was idle and reconnected when I woke the phone up. Using GuyFromNam's patch (originally for Pre3s) did the work.

2) Power button not turning off the screen and even then screen turning on by itself. I removed yesterday sconix's advanced power menu and it seems that now the problem does not happen.

3) Contact pictures. Deleted them and added them manually did the trick for me.
    Tried the WiFi fix for my issue with roaming from 3G to WiFi and it didn't seem to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by grankin View Post
    Here's my "issues": about 12 hours after installing 2.2.4, the phone can no longer see my AT&T microcell, when I attempt to dial and hit the green phone icon, it flashes yellow-green and will not dial. Will not dial from any contacts. Doctored twice. Each time, it reverted to the old OS. Am I gonna return to the new one? Not a chance!
    Well, there's more:

HP could not make the phone work with 2.2.4. I ended up at Level 3 @ HP. In a long phone call they had me take screenshots of the dial screen as it screwed up, then send them all the logs from within the device.

After looking them over, their engineers concluded that Preware had installed a partition on it, and it was the partition that was the cause of the problem. (I note here that some Preware experts I contacted claim that it never installs a partition.)

HP first tried to send me to the wikipedia page for WebOS and download the 2.1.0 Doctor, because they'd taken it off ALL of their servers. I did, but to no avail; it would not find the device and doctor it. So they had me do a full wipe, returning it to the factory state after I pulled off all the photos and ringtones from the drive.

As soon as the wiped phone rebuilt itself (took 2 hours!), then all the apps managed to download (or get deleted and re-acquired) I tried to make a call. Guess what? It won't dial out from the keypad, nor from contacts. So I tried to call it from my landline (yesterday it went to voicemail) ... and it rang! Hung up the landline, went to the cell, and there it was: missed call. Call back? So I pressed that option ... and it worked. So it appears that folks can call me, and that I can return missed calls, but anything else? Not a chance. Re-Doctored, still nothing more than that amount of phone function. Sent "I'm running out of patience" email to Level 3.

The Silver Lining: HP called me Friday morning, will send me a replacement Pre2. I'm a lucky boy that I held onto my old Pre Plus, for otherwise I'd be phone-less.
    Well, there's more:
    As soon as the wiped phone rebuilt itself (took 2 hours!), then all the apps managed to download (or get deleted and re-acquired) I tried to make a call. Guess what? It won't dial out from the keypad, nor from contacts. So I tried to call it from my landline (yesterday it went to voicemail) ... and it rang! Hung up the landline, went to the cell, and there it was: missed call. Call back? So I pressed that option ... and it worked. So it appears that folks can call me, and that I can return missed calls, but anything else? Not a chance. Re-Doctored, still nothing more than that amount of phone function. Sent "I'm running out of patience" email to Level 3.
    Just curious, but can you dial from just type? try entering a number in just type, then hit the phone number to call it.
    That's an interesting issue (regarding the inability to make calls). I never had any issues after updating my Pre 2 to 2.2.4, even with Preware installed. Battery life actually improved slightly as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Just curious, but can you dial from just type? try entering a number in just type, then hit the phone number to call it.
    Great suggestion - dialing from Just Type works!

Since updating to 2.2.4 (sadly, it decided to do it in the middle of the night, so all my patches were installed) I found that I could no longer dial a number. Hey, a phone that can't dial - how useful! Not sure how to resolve it yet - may doctor back to 2.1.0 and do the update blocking fix...
    What exactly do you mean by "won't dial out"?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    What exactly do you mean by "won't dial out"?
    When I enter a number and hit Send, the number clears from the top of the Phone app screen and nothing else happens. Everything else I tried (before Just Type) failed as well - tapping on a phone number on a web page, tapping on a phone number in Contacts, etc.
    Last edited by Skip Tannen; 01/22/2012 at 06:40 PM.
    -on google images website if I search for an image, I can no longer click on the thumbnails for some reason.

-cant zoom in on x.facebook.com pictures (posted previously)

Wonder whats causing this. I do EPR awhile ago and doesnt appear to be patch related, unless it broke something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip Tannen View Post
    When I enter a number and hit Send, the number clears from the top of the Phone app screen and nothing else happens. Everything else I tried (before Just Type) failed as well - tapping on a phone number on a web page, tapping on a phone number in Contacts, etc.
    Pre2 and Pre3 2.2.4: All what you descriped above works for me perfectly.
    Even Just Type from Homescreen entering characters (like e r t d f g x c v @) instead of numbers (holding OPTION/GRAY) and then pressing enter, dials the correct number (1234567890).
    Same in Phone app: direct entering and of course tapping on phone numbers in contacts works.
    I've searched the bugs but have not found a couple I'm having on an unlocked Pre-2/WebOS 2.2.4 on AT&T. I bought two phones for a great price when HP decided to bail out of the hardware business. I had noticed the bugs with the first phone but broke the screen. I hoped changing to the other phone would fix the problems, but they persist.
    Contacts - The type of phone number in contacts cannot be changed. The type (i.e. mobile/home/work/other) will be automatically defined when you add a new number. But when in the edit mode for contact, the type cannot be changed. On my Pre+, selecting the phone type offered a dropdown menu to select from available types.

Default Application - I cannot define the default application for a particular file type. By selecting the preferences within device info you get an option for "Default Applications". Selecting this option brings up a screen with the "Data Type" on the left column, and application selection dropdown on the right. Problem is that the dropdown menu is greyed out and functionless.

Has anybody experienced these issues and found a solution?

Thanks
    I would like to reitterate the bug with the Dialer Screen not being able to dial out. My wife's pre2 can only use Just type or the physical keypad to dial. The on screen dialer will not dial any number over 6 characters. This is after doing a full Doctor as well.

Edit: If your on screen dialer isnt working the only solution I have found is to create a new profile. This resolves the issue. If somebody at HP wants to test this I can give them the profile details as I did not delete the faulty one.
    Last edited by FesterTreo; 02/15/2012 at 01:56 PM.
    Friends...sorry by my english...I am from PERU and I have a palm PRE 2. My version is 2.2.4 unlocked. I would know if I can install PREWARE in my cel. Do you think I can find patch for this version in PREWARE?..... the reason is that There is bugs: when I install something, internet does not connect, when I receive mails, just appears heading (tittle) but I canīt see the body.....but if I answer the mail it appears the body!.....
    Anyway, I wish to put patches in this version (if exists)..... May I install PREWARE in my pre2 (ver. 2.2.4) ?....where can I find it to install?.....thanks so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by JetSkiJoe View Post
    Hello,

I can confirm the WiFi not reconnecting problem. I have to turn WiFi off then back on and then it will connect to the saved WiFi network profile. Very annoying! Please fix HP!
    I had a WRT160N linksys router. Never had problem with Pre Plus. Purchased Pre3, no issues with WiFi. Upgraded to 2.2.4. Started having Wifi problems. Applied patch, still had problems. I ended up replacing the router because I started having issues with it on other devices so I thought thta was the culprit.

I purchased a brand new e4200 linksys cisco modem... everything in my house connects to it just fine, no issues - EXCEPT the Pre3. It keeps dropping wifi signal, it will show the full fan (bars) of the wi-fi signal as if it is fully connected (and the 4G symbol goes away)... it will work for a few minutes and then freeze up. i have to turn off wifi and then turn back on to get it to work briefly and this is standing less than a foot away from the router!

I applied the homebrew wifi patch to rollback the PmWiFiDhclient.conf file but that still did not fix it.

I don't know what to do... I love this phone...
    Global Posts
    725 Global Posts
    I found that I had problems on some devices with routers that do B-G-N. It tries to switch devices up to N when the demand on the router reaches a certain level. Since the Pre/Touchpad doesn't do N, it dropped the connections. Problems solved by switching N off in the router. Apperantly its the router that is incapable of interrogating the capability of the N switch
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Cannot dial in any manner. Not from keypad, not from 'favorites', not from contacts. Search on my username and look at the follow-up in the "webOS 2.2.4 update available for Pre2 " thread. It gets very messy and frustrating.
    Cannot dial in any manner. Not from keypad, not from 'favorites', not from contacts. Search on my username and look at the follow-up in the "webOS 2.2.4 update available for Pre2 " thread. It gets very messy and frustrating.

HP's engineers were sent the deepest log scans from the device that could be gotten. After several weeks, they concluded that it was the AT&T SIM card that was causing the problem by sending erroneous data to the phone's OS.

Fortuitously, I lost that SIM card when swapping cards in Panama. AT&T sent me a new card, and it cured the problem right away. It seems that SIM cards may be backwards-compatible, but not forwards-compatible, for the old card and the new card worked perfectly in the older PrePlus.

Other problems were cured by a wipe of the profile and then a wipe of apps and data. PITA, but now it works as it oughta.
    Quote Originally Posted by vc1492a View Post
    That's an interesting issue (regarding the inability to make calls). I never had any issues after updating my Pre 2 to 2.2.4, even with Preware installed. Battery life actually improved slightly as well.
    I now have the "won't make outbound calls" issue on my Pre3 v2.2.4. If I dial anything more than 6-digits, it won't call out. Doesn't matter where I use keyboard, dialpad, or JustType, etc.

Bizzaro.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345