Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    I have a WIFI issue with my EU PRE2 after upgrading to 2.2.4. The roaming does't work - i.e. I have to turn WIFI off/on to get WIFI connection after beeing on 3G.
    I have a Toyota Highlander that my Pre2 used to work well with for dialing and answering calls, and never had any issues with transferring calls between the Pre2 and car audio. Since the 2.2.4 update that integration broke. I can no longer make calls using the car audio system, as the phone disconnects before a call is placed on the phone. I can however make calls using my Pre2 and have the audio through the car audio, but the law in Canada won't let me do that while I'm driving. I am allowed to use the speed-dial from the car audio, but with that integration broken I can't make any calls while I'm driving.

I used webos doctor to go back to 2.1.0 twice now, but my phone keeps upgrading to 2.2.4 while it's on the touchstone even if I tell the phone to install it later. What a pain... I called HP support who said there was no way to block updates, but it looks llike this Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals will work. It's an old post, anyone know if it still works?
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    My Franken Pre2 with 2.2.4 works fine with my 2008 Prius - maybe re-pairing will help??
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by 2oolate View Post
    I have a Toyota Highlander that my Pre2 used to work well with for dialing and answering calls, and never had any issues with transferring calls between the Pre2 and car audio. Since the 2.2.4 update that integration broke. I can no longer make calls using the car audio system, as the phone disconnects before a call is placed on the phone. I can however make calls using my Pre2 and have the audio through the car audio, but the law in Canada won't let me do that while I'm driving. I am allowed to use the speed-dial from the car audio, but with that integration broken I can't make any calls while I'm driving.

I used webos doctor to go back to 2.1.0 twice now, but my phone keeps upgrading to 2.2.4 while it's on the touchstone even if I tell the phone to install it later. What a pain... I called HP support who said there was no way to block updates, but it looks llike this Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals will work. It's an old post, anyone know if it still works?
    Thanks!
    Yep. The instructions on that page still works. No more nagging from the phone asking you about the update and no forced update. And simply follow directions outlined to re-enable when you're ready.
    I'm reposting from another thread as I think that this one is more active and is about the same things

Since I upgraded:

1) I have the BlueAnt V1x which has voice command technology, used to work great, but I can no longer get the internal (to the earpiece) voice commands to work, such as the "call home". This used to work fine, but now it gives me a message of "call terminated" and would lock the earpiece up (requires turning it off and back on).

I did the tech support chat and we did the WebOS doctor and reformatted the phone. No change, my earpiece still has limited functionality.

2) The phone is a LOT less responsive... so slow that I can wait a moment and then see the glimmer of the touch (glow).

3) My battery (back of phone) on the touchstone is warmer than it's ever been. (it's worrying me, but it appears to have gotten better in the last couple of days)

4) I have games and apps that aren't working properly, some crash, some will work if I hold the phone upright and tilt to landscape to play after it's started. (Dead Runner for example).

5) Ringtones... adding them is a problem... which wasn't before. This eventually went away and is working somewhat now... I found a thread stating to do a search within the ringtones and it helps show them... at first it didn't but in time it appears that it woke some things up.

6) The ONLY thing it fixed was the game ExZeus arcade that had never worked (server error) since I had bought it.

Overall... I'm seriously debating doing an attempt to re-doctor it and go back to 2.1 as I'd take the one game not working over the rest. But as my phone was unlocked, and according to the serial number, it was set for a specific provider (not mine), I fear that I'd have to go through the unlocking process all over again.
    I had problems since webOS 1.3 at playing back single mp3 files in a playlist "streaming" to a Sony Ericsson HBH-DS205 that lost connection sometimes on track changes. Detailed problem here:

Music Player (Remix) - Original/Obsolete Homebrew Version

Now i tried it again with my Pre2 on 2.2.4 and for several hours it worked like a charm. Even so long that it lost connection one time, but only cause the battery of my headset was empty

So for me the bluetooth connection playing music is doing better so far.

Will now try streaming music from my Synology NAS over wifi and playing it via bluetooth to my stereo. Will post results, cause using wifi and bluetooth connection together seemed to be buggy too in the past.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Another problem sometimes happens is in the Facebook app, where instead of the name of someone (including you) you get the "Anonymous user".

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    oh man i'm very pleased the above mentionted NAS over Pre2 to BT A2DP Headset reciever mp3 playback works seamlessly.
    [Stockholm syndorme on] webOS rulez [/stockholm syndrome]
    No more dropouts, i'm so impressed this is what iOS users must feel from unpacking their device and not 2 years after and 3 devices later (oops sorry hehe).
    I have the same issue with the facebook app ("anonymous")
    The Facebook issue has been around since 1.x, it's not new to 2.2.4. Whether it's because of an issue with the Facebook API the app uses, or the app itself, I'm not certain.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The Facebook issue has been around since 1.x, it's not new to 2.2.4. Whether it's because of an issue with the Facebook API the app uses, or the app itself, I'm not certain.
    I never had it in 2.1. First time it happened was with 2.2.4 in my case.
    I have had the update for a few weeks now and i have not had many quirks with this new update. I ran EPR removed everything from the phone done a a webos backup and then ran the update.

The only issue left out that me and many of my colleagues are living is the following:
    We all have company cars (Ford) and are using SYNC. Since the 2.2.4 update none of us can leverage the Voice dialing feature. It looks like a similar behaviour described above by 2oolate, where the phone SYNC sends the proper command to the phone, the phone wakes up, starts the phone app and then goes in slumber... The next thing you know the SYNC console says the call as ended.

We have tried multiple time to remove the pairing and reload the address book to no avail, I have even doctored my device to make sure I had removed all the homebrew patches and settings, and even with plain Jane fresh install of 2.2.4 we are still getting the issue. we have tried disabling the text messaging feature as well and it did not change anything. In some cases where we remove the pairing and rejoined, the phone would work once, and be OK. But if you restart the car it's gone, like once the connection is closed it does not re-establish itself properly. SYNC (and probably other systems I don't know of) requires a pairing code other than the standard 1111 for bluetooth devices, and I am starting to think that the authorization process to allow SYNC to access the phone may be somehow affected if not plain broken.

The chat support was not able to help me and differed me to my Ford dealer as it might be an issue with the SYNC... (Yeah right... Many instances of the same issue and only after the update... to webOS mind you!)

In any cases I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this behavior with Bluetooth Handsfree or other Bluetooth car devices?

I have read pretty much everything touching the 2.2.4 update on this and other forums and did not find any clues as to what this could be.

Any help is appreciated
    HP Touchpad, Palm Pre2.

If you like the help I am providing
    Support my work:

Flash won't load on my 2.2.4 device. I accidentally installed the flash ipk/patches by habit from 2.1, but 2.2.4 has flash already right? After uninstalling both the ipk & patch flash it won't work. Its just blank, but if I tap the area it brings up the zoom and x like its there, but not visual. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    Flash won't load on my 2.2.4 device. I accidentally installed the flash ipk/patches by habit from 2.1, but 2.2.4 has flash already right? After uninstalling both the ipk & patch flash it won't work. Its just blank, but if I tap the area it brings up the zoom and x like its there, but not visual. Any ideas?

well, flash works fine for me, with patches marked 2.2.4 compatible. (just did speedtest.net)
    I fixed flash issue by repackaging flash with the legacy flash method by using 2.2.4 doctor.

Any fix for Sprint TV yet?

I've searched this thread to see if anyone else is having an issue with this or not, but I can't seem to find anyone else that has mentioned this.

So the issue is, when I'm in my car, my Pre 2 is connected through BT on my Blackberry Remote Stereo playing music. If I receive a text message, the music stutters while it takes the 10 seconds to receive it. It's sooo annoying, and I'm glad I rarely have a 15+ minute drive anywhere. I'm not saying I text when I'm driving, but it's a pain in the neck to deal with. It also does it whenever I put the phone on the TouchStone. But doesn't happen when I get an email, so I think it's sound related. My only problem is I can't recall if it was doing it before I installed some patches or not, and always forget to test it by removing/reinstalling patches due to the fact that my drive is so short. If I ever figure it out, I'll report back.

Other than that, the few minor things I find around in this thread such as the Anon User in FB. I'm mostly on 2.2.4 for the BT connection through my TouchPad. It's marvelous.
    So here is a summary of issues, and fixes if they exist. I know this is in Pre2 forum, but i'm adding (device) if it's given. Not including patch problems or cosmetic issues. Tell me if these are fixable:

Format is - Problem <solution> (device)

Here we go!
    - Text messages don't cause notification area alert <Possibly caused by Advanced SMS Preferences patch. Or caused by stock kernel?>
    - Onboard media not detected <use "erase data and apps" then "full erase" before doctoring?>
    - Unlock screen doesn't appear <use "erase data and apps" then "full erase" before doctoring?>
    - Contact photos disappear <use "erase usb drive" before doctoring. Or, if related to exchange account remove the account and add back. Also reported to work: delete photos then re-add them.>
    - Hot battery, or hot back of phone <Perform "erase data and apps", then "Full Erase">
    - Browser cookies deleted
    - Can't log into websites that cache data <workaround: open a new browser tab and copy the link over>
    - Lexi comp doesn't work
    - screen and/or keyboard dimming or un-dimming randomly <caused by stock kernel?> (Pre2)
    - no dictionary suggested corrections if Auto-Correct is turned off
    - "sleeping" wifi doesn't automatically reconnect when device is powered back on <caused by stock kernel? There may be a patch to fix this in Preware by GuyFromNam.>
    - Phone restarts itself at random times <Shim of paper behind top of battery. stock kernel? under or overvolting?>
    - first key presses after turning on missed (Pre3)
    - Website text too small
    - websites reloading in an endless loop
    - Facebook app issues of various kinds
    - Too many cards message <Caused by stock kernel?>
    - Screen sensitivity <caused by stock kernel? Try touch sensitivity patch>
    - 3G to wifi handoff doesn't work <caused by wifi sleep issue?>
    - old bluetooth pairing doesn't work <perform "erase data and apps" and "full erase" before doctoring?>
    - <streaming to Sony Ericsson HBH-DS205 works after 2.2.4>
    - voice dialing over bluetooth broken
    - Flash doesn't work <repackage flash with the legacy method but using a 2.2.4 doctor>
    - No sprint TV or Spring nav <Likely needs sprint pre+/- testers to weigh in on what packages to be added in the development thread>
    - Text messages interrupt bluetooth audio
    - Maps application doesn't work <Uninstall and re-install from app catalog>
    - Power button not working/ screen turns itself on <remove Advanced Power Menu patch from 1/20/2012?>

These are also reported from this thread - Things that have changed on WebOS2.2.4
    - Photos don't save from photo app <perform "erase data and apps" and "full erase before doctoring?>
    - Device not recognized by WOSQI <put into Developer mode. Reinstall SDK/PDK with latest version.>
    - Battery life/power consumption increased <wait a couple days> (Pre3)
    - Sliding keyboard out doesn't unlock phone
    - WLAN has an intermittent connection

Respond with updates if you know of fixes!
    Last edited by NickVTPre; 01/21/2012 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Updated problems and solutions.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Nice work Nick.

Three "fixes" for my problems:

1) WiFi problem. My wifi did not stay awake when the phone was idle and reconnected when I woke the phone up. Using GuyFromNam's patch (originally for Pre3s) did the work.

2) Power button not turning off the screen and even then screen turning on by itself. I removed yesterday sconix's advanced power menu and it seems that now the problem does not happen.

3) Contact pictures. Deleted them and added them manually did the trick for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    I never had it in 2.1. First time it happened was with 2.2.4 in my case.
    I agree in that.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast